Former Ute quarterback Travis Wilson not afraid of hard path to NFL

Viewing 2 reply threads

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

While quarterback remains his first love, Wilson said he wouldn’t be against the idea of switching positions. In fact, there’s a very strong chance he will have to. For the 6-foot-7, 233-pounder, tight end is a possibility.

A position change wouldn’t be unprecedented. Several quarterbacks over the years have switched things up. Denard Robinson and Julian Edelman — among others — are converted quarterbacks. More recently, Auburn’s Nick Marshall switched to defensive back and was picked up as an unsigned free agent by Jacksonville.

“I’ve yet to play the best game of my career,” he said. “There’s a lot I still want to learn to be able to grow at the position. I’m hoping somebody at the next level will give me that opportunity and I’ll be able to exceed expectations. I don’t want to just make it to the NFL. I want to say I not only made it, but stayed.”

Read more at ESPN – Pac-12 Blog

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Can he catch? I think he’d need to hit the weight room to be a TE.

Wilson’s Mustache
        Ute Fan
        @sigmaute

“Obviously we only had experience with him as a quarterback and that’s all he ever played for us,” said Utah coach Kyle Whittingham. “He won a lot of games for us. But that’s a good question, where he fits in at the next level? There are probably a couple of places that would be possibilities outside of quarterback. He’s got the big frame. He’s got great hands. He can catch very well. That’s interesting if someone can put 10-20 pounds on his frame and make him a tight end.”

Anonymous
      Inactive

I think he’d make a great FG blocker.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Former Ute quarterback Travis Wilson not afraid of hard path to NFL