Golf course parking link for Rose Bowl?

Viewing 3 reply threads

tysnowboarder88
      Ute Fan
      @tysnowboarder88

Does anyone have the link to the golf course parking at the Rose Bowl?

MineralUte
      Ute Fan
      @mineralute

AlohaUte
      Ute Fan
      @alohaute

If you want to save a boatload of $$$, drive to a light rail station. Park there and take the light rail to Pasadena and either walk or take the shuttle from there.  You also get to avoid bad traffic in and out.

Black Hawk
        Ute Fan
        @blackhawk

I did this last year. We parked at the Fillmore station, which has a free parking structure. It’s two stations from the station nearest the shuttle. It was pretty easy. 

tanute3
          Ute Fan
          @tanute3

How early did you arrive to the station? How long did it take you to get to the stadium in total? And was the shuttle free & easy to use?

Black Hawk
            Ute Fan
            @blackhawk

We gave ourselves plenty of time – probably two and a half hours. The parking and light rail part was easy. The shuttle was free and easy to use but there was a long line and it took forever. We got to the stadium an hour before kickoff but probably would have been better off walking. The shuttle was better on the way back. 

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

We parked at the Golf course last year. Got there at about 5:45, walked over to the Parade. Warning, if you don’t have tickets to the Grandstands, plan on an extra long walk around the bridge over the freeway, they closed it off and only those with tickets could cross. It was a huge nightmare.

After the game we walked to our car and was on the freeway within about 10-15 minutes. We were parked really close to the stadium. It was nice to be able to tailgate at the car before the game.

If you have a place to hang out after the parade or are just going straight to the game parking elsewhere may be fine. I’ve always loved the Rose Parade so it was worth getting up and leaving my hotel at 5 a.m. I saw a ton of Ohio State fans going to VRBOs/Air BnBs between the parade and the Rose Bowl. Kind of jealous I didn’t know about those places. But probably out of my budget. I mean we stayed at a hotel 35 minutes away to keep costs down. And there were a ton of Utah fans at that hotel.

Another recommendation I’d make, go the day before to get your Rose Bowl swag and walk around without it being as busy. Last year the merchandise at the stands outside the Rose Bowl sold out of many of the Utah hats, shirts, and blankets. And DO NOT leave to get food during the game. My wife, daughter and son missed 35 points to get a couple drinks and snacks. NOT ME, I’d rather starve than miss a play of a football game. I think I spent $300 of their ticket price so they could get low quality stadium food. No I’m not bitter, they’re loss.

We’re going to be in LA the 26th – 30th. I’d love to go again, but last year was my vacation destination. This year I’m just along for the trip. Plus I’m saving money for a big trip with my daughter in the Spring.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Golf course parking link for Rose Bowl?