Home Page Layout

Viewing 2 reply threads

jrj84105
      Ute Fan
      @jrj84105

I have sort of no basic for making suggestions since I contribute nothing to this site and haven’t used it enough to know all features, but that won’t stop me.
      1) Is there a way to identify trending Topics? Like an algorithm of #likes x #posts in topic x forum constant (like 0.5 to drop BYU/TDS posts).
      2) Would it be possible to merge some of the views onto the home page? I think everyone views message boards differently and having a few of the more popular options right on the home page (sort of a sampler) would allow the first time visitor to find his/her preference immediately. For instance, I would love something like this index home page that has forum sticky topics, then a section for most recently started topics, then a section for the trending/active topics, then a section from the Hub/member activity/comments with the ability to “load more” for each section. Also, if each index section had a similarly built homepage, being able to easily toggle between the different indexes would be great.

Layout idea

Anonymous
      Inactive

Scroll to the bottom.

jrj84105
        Ute Fan
        @jrj84105

I think just compressing the current sections (I think there were 16 displayed posts  and a few pages worth of scrolling) with a “load more” option would be a good start then.  The current top part of the layout seems to imitate the Utefans stream format, but for some reason comes across as a big wall of text with no hint that the site is more than that.   I’ve tried this board early on and come back a few times since.  He initial look just prompts a “nope” and leave.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I just recently made a module of most liked posts for the last 7 days… I also thought of making a “most active” topics module as well, counting up the posts with the most replies. There are millions of possibilities. That said, it’s possible to make it harder to use and more complicated when trying to find new stuff to do like this.

I’m not quite following the other stuff.

1) Is there a way to identify trending Topics? Like an algorithm of #likes x #posts in topic x forum constant (like 0.5 to drop BYU/TDS posts).

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Ute Hub Site Home Page Layout