How about some actual football talk? San Jose State.

Viewing 6 reply threads

CincyUte
      Ute Fan
      @cincyute

First of all–be sure to read Jon Wilner’s scathing review of San Jose State’s first game against Tulsa (Spoiler: SJSU sucks).

The big name on the Spartan roster is Sr. LB Christian Tago. He might be one of the best defenders in the MWC. But apparently he sat out against Tulsa (but as Wilner noted, it probably made no difference). I’m not sure what his issue is.

The Spartans also have a TE (Billy Freeman) and a P (Michael Carrizosa) who were both first-team all-MWC last year.

They also have a few guys who were second-team all-MWC last year, most notably Sr. QB Kenny Potter. Apparently he didn’t look too good against Tulsa.

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

I’m OK with an easy game against San Jose.
      BYU is going to be brutal emotionally and quite possibly physically.
      Give us a week to “coast” (not that Whit would allow coasting) before taking on USC.

CincyUte
        Ute Fan
        @cincyute

I like the SJSU game because it gets us out on the road in a low-risk situation. I think it’s good for the team to experience the rigors of travel and play away from RES once before conference season starts.

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

On paper this should be an easy win but it will be the third straight week where a win by the opponent would make their season. It’s a classic trap game sandwiched between the zoo and USC on a short week. We’re much better than SJSU but we’d better come to play.

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

I think we’ll beat em but it won’t be pretty. But the win will still be comfortable.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I had this as a trap game. Dont know much about them.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I think Utah fans are bullish on the offense I think it SUU was a mental lapse. If anything BYU needs to be worried that they get crushed because Utah comes out firing on all cylinders.

FormerUteSax
        Ute Fan
        @formerutesax

I think the lack of run game was just a function of trying to establish a passing game. I’m hopeful that the oline steps up and leans on tds all night opening some big holes in the fourth quarter like Arizona

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

I want to see a lot from Tyler Huntley in the SJSU game. I don’t think he will see the field this week.

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

I HOPE he sees the field this week. That would be awesome. 🙂

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football How about some actual football talk? San Jose State.