I don’t want to be in the same conference as…. them

Viewing 9 reply threads
      22 1

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

It has been really great the last 10 years or so, having so much less exposure to the zoo and their fan base. Yeah we have played them most years, but that’s just one week we deal with and move on. But if we’re in the same conference as them that means so much more exposure to their stupid asses. I was all about our new and excellent rivalry with USC and our other rivalries with Oregon, the AZ schools, Stanford… HELL. I’m really not thrilled. I’m sure I’m not alone.

Xanthis
      Ute Fan
      @xanthis

It will be interesting to see how this song and dance shakes out in another 6-7 years when most of the contracts are up. I will miss the budding rivalries we formed in the PAC and I am sure new ones will emerge.

ALUF
      Ute Fan
      @dbgii77

Beats being in the mountain west though…but still a s**tty situation ugh

WasatchRanger
      Ute Fan
      @luke8675

Playing BYU in November on rivalry week was fun. The September games never felt quite the same to me.

Yes there will be more exposure to Zoobs, but it’s part of life. I’m just grateful we found a good conference that will hopefully allow us a shot to compete in the CFP if we do our part. It could be a lot worse.

NarfUte
        Ute Fan
        @narfute

Who do we play rivalry week though? Colorado? BYU? I mean, can’t throw away 12 years of rumble in the rockies tradition 🤣

NarfUte
      Ute Fan
      @narfute

Im not a fan but could be worse. Pour one out for the beavs and crimson cougs.

Waybackutefan
      Ute Fan
      @waybackutefan

Cheer up Tony, could be worse, we could be Washington State!

BD
        Ute Fan
        @flyfisherman

No kidding. Tragedy for them and Oregon State.

NashvilleUte
        Ute Fan
        @nashvilleute05

I’m looking forward to the rivalry game returning to the end of the season, but like Tony I fear the incessant drama that being in the same conference with them will be…

On the other hand, being further away from them for the last decade (as well as moving away from the state of Utah), I’ve largely gotten over many of my issues with the team and have found that a large number of their fans are pretty decent people. Just like us, they have their contingent of god awful petty fans (pretty sure theirs are worse) that I’ve learned to just ignore them. I really hope being in the same conference with them again doesn’t amp those particular fans up too much though… That would be… so much pain…

Uteusmc
      Ute Fan
      @uteusmc

Although I am not thrilled, I feel this is temporary and that there will be another big move in the next 5-10 years as this all comes to a culmination with the super conferences. We made this cut, just hope we make the final cut then because that is where this is all headed.

utefansince79
      Ute Fan
      @utefansince79

Playing BYU regularly the past 30 years (where we’ve had the upper hand, especially in the last dozen or so years) is a DAMNED more enjoyable experience than what us old-times went through in the 70/80s.

I will miss playing the Trojans. We’ve had some very exciting games (won some lost some) against them.

UrbanLiar
      Ute Fan
      @urbanliar

When I first read your title @Tony, I thought we joined the SEC because THEM = Ashley Judd University 😀

Extra Medium
      Ute Fan
      @runningreddude

It’s better than the Broke Pac Mountain Conference.

Utah works for decades to get in the pac-12. I guarantee they will be working to get in the B1G behind the scenes. Conferences are a 7-14 year commitment now.

We literally have the softest division in all of college football. Arizona, ASU, Colorado, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, and BYU. We can’t win at least 6 of those every year for the next 7 years. Hopefully we can continue to get great recruits, pick up good transfers and develop great talent. From there we keep winning.

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I don’t want to be in the same conference as…. them