I'd like to see our basketball team schedule more roadies in preseason.

Viewing 3 reply threads

89ute
      Ute Fan
      @89ute

Only one true road game against Witchita State, plus the three neutral site tournament games and Duke in New york. I don’t think that’s enough to get a team ready for conference play. I don’t understand why we don’t play away games with smaller programs?

Home 8-0 Away 0-1 Neutral 3-1

I think I would have liked to have seen at least one more away game.

I don’t see the harm in a road game against a team that we should beat, but will give us a good fight, especially walking into conference play with 3 straight roadies.

I can’t help but to think we are headed into conference play a little unprepared.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I understand what you are saying. Not sure it matters much to me.

Conference play will be much more intense and the turnovers and lack of D will be a big issue.

89ute
      Ute Fan
      @89ute

This game right here is why I want more road preseason games. I don’t see what good it does to bring some crap team into the Hunty and hang a hunnerd on em when what we need is to learn how to hit free throws and execute on the road.

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

thats a good point, but you set yourself up for a bad loss while the rest of the P5 is racking up wins at home until January. Im open to the idea, im just not sure the risk/reward lines up

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

^^^^ POD (Post of the day)

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) I'd like to see our basketball team schedule more roadies in preseason.