Idea for speeding up growth of this site

Viewing 13 reply threads

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

If all of us could pledge to make a minimum of 5 posts a day. Regular posters, lurkers, everybody. Not token filler posts but just info and opinions about the Utes.

Nothing makes a site hum more than a volume of posts. Nothing turns people away more than a dearth of posts. If you hit refresh after a couple hours and there’s no new posts it tends to cause one to lose interest. Let’s get this site cracking!!!

GadValleyUte
      Ute Fan
      @maximumkungfu

That’s a terrible idea!!!! Controversial posts only!!!!
      Of course you’re right.

CincyUte
      Ute Fan
      @cincyute

Great idea.

(Four posts to go ’till Thursday)

Tacoma Ute
        Ute Fan
        @tacomaute

Regarding lurkers, I’ve noticed on UFN that whenever someone says “I’m a long time lurker but this is my first post” it’s usually a great post.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Solid. Great idea. It would be great to pledge invites to new members or pledge to share the site on your social networks as well.

Utah man forever
      Ute Fan
      @uman

I feel like if I don’t have anything to add I will stay quiet. To me that is better than meaningless chatter.

Tacoma Ute
        Ute Fan
        @tacomaute

Then think of something meaningful. 😉

utahpunk
      Ute Fan
      @utahpunk

I think this is a good idea. I like to see new posts, it keeps things flowing. You are right though, too much jibber-jabber can also be a hinderance.

ChooseTheRed
      Ute Fan
      @choosethered

I’m more for quality over quantity but I like the spirit of the idea of everyone stretching themselves a bit to come up with quality contributions.

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

5 posts everyday? wish I had your amount of free time…

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by noneyadb.

Tacoma Ute
        Ute Fan
        @tacomaute

How long does it take to post? 30 seconds? Maybe 60?

3UteDad
      @3utedad

I think traffic to the board would increase if more posters pretended to be women. I would volunteer, but my board name precludes it.

leftyjace
        Ute Fan
        @leftyjace

Milton Vanderslice
        Ute Fan
        @miltonvanderslice

Did you just assume that we assumed your gender?

Tacoma Ute
        Ute Fan
        @tacomaute

Sports message boards seem to be a guy thing. There used to be a lot of women on ufn but they’re pretty rare now. Probably driven away by our Neanderthal guy comments. I don’t blame them.

Are there any female members of this board? I honestly don’t know. It would be cool if there were a multitude.

Milton Vanderslice
          Ute Fan
          @miltonvanderslice

Like the Great White Buffalo

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

There are quite a few female members however they don’t appear to be very active on the board. I find it funny that the day that two different posts were written about growing this site another site is down.

Milton Vanderslice
      Ute Fan
      @miltonvanderslice

Your

89ute
      Ute Fan
      @89ute

Did ufn go down today? this is my first chance at getting on the internet today. came here first!

Edit, never mind, I just hit the thread about ufn being down again.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by 89ute.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I am a long time lurker in a few of the Ute message boards. I love to get information on the Utes but don’t feel I can add a lot. I love this board for all of the Ute talk. Thanks Tony. (I’ll try to get up to 5 posts a day, but will probably start at 1 or 2 😉 )

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

I like the idea, but honestly don’t have that much to say. Didn’t at UFN, probably won’t here.

That aside, I’d really like this to become the go-to forum for Ute fans. Today’s beg for more $$ has pretty much put me off UFN for good.

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

I think the self-destruction that is that other site is going to speed up the growth of this site just fine…

Viewing 13 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc Idea for speeding up growth of this site