idiots, I’m fine with people protesting but when you shut down roads, disrupt

Viewing 3 reply threads

Anonymous
      Inactive

EMS, first responders etc being pepper sprayed is the least you deserve.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/e08d1499-c0d0-31ff-8315-6d5a052d89f4/anti-trump-protesters-shut.html

ought arrest anybody that had any role in delaying this man’s medical treatment

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

The problem is most of these protestors don’t care. There was an incident at the Cal debacle where a young woman was being interviewed after the riot and one of these jerks walked by and pepper sprayed her in the face. It is somewhat ironic that all these protests, supposedly for inclusion, demonize those who happen to think differently.

AZswayze
        Ute Fan
        @AZswayze

I think you and I agree on something for once. I’m all for civil protests, but violence and vandalism are never acceptable. Many on the left are angry, I totally get that, but these idiots need to take a breather. They’re undermining their own efforts.

While it’s true that the left harps on inclusion, the demonization of both sides by each other is a huge problem. That is fostered by this hyperpartisianship that we see on message boards, and more importantly in Washington. I’m usually a pretty even keeled, even optimistic, person, but I feel like a perfect storm is brewing (god, I sound like Glenn Beck).

Anonymous
          Inactive

Ironically Beck appears to have dialed back some of his rhetoric etc

AZswayze
            Ute Fan
            @AZswayze

I saw a Vice episode just prior to the election where he was pretty doom and gloom over the possibility of Trump winning. He was on Anderson Cooper the other night, and to my surprise he was a bit more positive, especially over the immigration executive order. He claimed to have read it and that it’s simply not a ban, but a suspension. To me, he’s parsing words a bit, as a suspension is in essence a ban for a specified time period, but whatever.

Tacoma Ute
          Ute Fan
          @tacomaute

Amen. I don’t care if their entire platform is to demand Tacoma Ute be given $100,000,000. That’s nice but get out of the freeway and stop breaking things and assaulting people.

AZswayze
            Ute Fan
            @AZswayze

Imagine being held up by some protesters, and being fired for being late to work. Holy hell, I think I would lose my mind.

Tacoma Ute
              Ute Fan
              @tacomaute

Agreed. There was guy, I believe in Portland, a couple months ago who was being rushed to the hospital in an ambulance but it couldn’t get through because they were blocking the roads. He died as a result and left behind a young daughter about 5 years old.

ironman1315
                Ute Fan
                @ironman1315

And part of what is so maddening about that is that if his death could have been prevented but for the protestors the family won’t be able to get civil justice for essentially causing his death, this would probably be a negligence action. Although, I suppose they could find a single defendant, make him and the rest of the John and Jane Does jointly and severally liable, but that’s a stretch.

HoosierUte
                Ute Fan
                @hoosierute

I am not sure that this actually happened. 

Snopes Link

Tacoma Ute
                  Ute Fan
                  @tacomaute

I don’t read Snopes but whether it happened or not it certainly could. Like I said, people should be able to protest all they want. Just don’t block major roads or hurt people or property. That stuff doesn’t help their cause anyway. It repulses even many who agree with their position.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I agree with you on that which is why once the protest results in laws being broken property damaged, people hurt etc that those people need to be arrested and prosecuted.

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

Amen! I’m all for protesting no matter whether I agree or disagree with their point of view. Once they start blocking roads so people can’t get where they’re going or assault people and destroy property they are no longer protestors but rioters.

Viewing 3 reply threads

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Politics idiots, I’m fine with people protesting but when you shut down roads, disrupt