Interesting tidbits from looking at ESPN

Viewing 3 reply threads

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

First there are only three games with ticket prices higher, maybe four, than the Oregon – Utah game this weekend, according to their “XX tickets available on Stubhub for $83”

Two or three are SEC games between an unranked opponent or two unranked opponents. Then Maryland – WVU, there is nothing else to do in Morgantown. However some of those games with higher ticket prices have less tickets available. There are about 840 available for the Utah game.

Second oddball bit I picked up, Utah has offered quite a few players for next year who also have offers from SEC, BigXII and Pac-12 schools. I hate the fact they list offers alphabetically, because if I see that stupid A of Alabama on one more recruit we’ve offered I’m gonna barf. However it seems there are quite a few players from TX, FL, LA, and CA which are “considering us” so that is good.

Problem is I didn’t see many visits scheduled to Utah for these “offered” kids. Is that a problem?

Hockeybeard
      Ute Fan
      @hockeybeard

If we keep winning it will do a lot for those kids to start looking for visits into SLC. Unfortunately, I (and many others) believe Utah has a lot of negative recruiting ground to make up to even get to a point where a kid would consider us.

That said, this staff is very capable of getting and signing classes that help us compete in the Pac12, and we’ve seen our depth continue to increase year after year. So I’m not too concerned – a lot of those kids on that list on ESPN wouldn’t have even blinked at an offer from Utah 5 years ago, and now we’re at least getting a bunch to take serious looks.

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

Having Dennis Erickson on the staff does not suck!!! I credit the Southeast recruiting to him.

UTE98
        Ute Fan
        @ute98

Hey idiot^^^ hit reply next time so it doesn’t look like you’re a crazed lunatic talking to yourself. The previous post was in response to Hockeybeard. Imagine it is indented. I need to go to bed.

Anonymous
      Inactive

My brother and I will be guests of a good friend for the Utah @ USC game. I checked StubHub and the tickets in his section are going for $400. We reciprocate and host him at the USC @ Utah game where my brother has seats on the W 50, midway up. Hard to get any better. Oh and I went to USC for my MBA.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Interesting tidbits from looking at ESPN