Is it confirmed that the Oregon QB has a broken finger on his throwing hand?

Viewing 6 reply threads

Ute Bc
      Ute Fan
      @utebc

If we can get some pressure on him and stop the run – we have a great chance to steal this one.

Hockeybeard
      Ute Fan
      @hockeybeard

It has been confirmed. ON top of that, there was talk on Monday that it was only at about 80% or so, but that playing with it wouldn’t make it worse. From his interviews, he sounds like he is expecting to play. The good thing is their two QBs ARE very similar, unlike ours (no matter how much Coach Whitt wants to repeat it).

1Colonial
      @1colonial

Let Adams play. I love seeing the Utes playing against 80 percent type guys. They are limited in what they can do. Remember Wilsons hand?

• This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by 1Colonial.

89ute
      Ute Fan
      @89ute

Mike Yam on the Pac-12 network stated during the weekly footbal show that Adams is 80%, like was mentioned above. Yam did not saw where the info is coming from. My impression is that his finger is pretty messed up. How many times have were heard players say “I’m 100%” then you find out after the season is over they were playing with a broken rib or partially torn-up knee, bla bla bla. So, based on that, 80% is probably closer to 50~60%.

Hockeybeard
      Ute Fan
      @hockeybeard

Just saw this on Twitter…can’t be easy to throw with that bulky tape job…

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Let’s hope he has control issues and throws a few duck quackers to our secondary.

U-Diddy
      Ute Fan
      @u-diddy

Adams was injured during the EWU game, and played with the broken finger against Michigan State. His finger should be the same or slightly better than the MSU game, where he threw for 309 yards, 1 TD, 2INTs. He made some impressive plays in that game, but a few bad ones also. If he hadn’t overthrown a wide open Marshall in the end zone in the final minute, Ducks likely win that game.

The speculation is that it’s a small fracture that causes him pain, but which doesn’t prevent him from slinging the ball if the pain is in check. He’ll get a cortisone shot and be ready to go against the Utes.

I think Utah’s bigger advantage is that Adams has only been at Oregon for a month or so. Against MSU, Oregon played at a noticeably slower pace than in recent years, presumably due to his inexperience in the system.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Is it confirmed that the Oregon QB has a broken finger on his throwing hand?