It’s pretty clear Larry K has taken this team as far as he can

Viewing 4 reply threads

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

At what point does Chris Hill show him the door? Do we need to officially be the worst team in the Pac12? That’s where we’re headed. 3 more years of Coach K and we’ll be a complete dumpster fire.

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

Overreact much? The team look and played tired they had no legs under their jump shots. 3rd road game in a row will do that.

There is a good young nucleus of players on the roster and a good recruiting class coming in.

I could get into more but I’m to tired. Larry gets at least two more years to get back to the top of the PAC and the tournament. If he doesn’t then he gets the boot

Hal Evans
      Ute Fan
      @dixieute

You are so far off. Bottom of the conference???? They will be in fourth or fifth place at seasons end. They have great recruits coming in. You are so over reacting.

8 1

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Disagree…. K is the 2nd or 3rd best coach in conf. Does so much more with less. Where should the bar be ? We are consistently top 4 EACH year in the pac-12. This year we have a chanc also. I wouldn’t be surprsied if Utah wins out. In fact on wash and USC scare me and both are winnable.

1 2

Ute Fan
      @utefanslc

Larry doesn’t have Utah in the top4 each year. He’s done it the last three but there is clear regression in in the program over the last couple seasons. I don’t expect Utah to finish 4th this year, either, but would be pleasantly surprised if they did. This season has been pretty unimpressive for Larry solely because the Pac-12 is not a very good basketball conference right now and the Utes are failing to take advantage of it. It’s also a season where Utah has some embarrassing losses. Maybe the biggest collection of bad losses in a season since the 2014 season. USC, UCLA and Colorado completely toyed with the Utes. Those would be acceptable losses if any of those programs were nationally significant this season. But they’re not.

Larry is a decent coach but there’s no excuse for Utah missing the NCAA Tournament at the rate they are. They’re likely off the bubble now this year, which is now the second-straight year without a tournament berth. If the team doesn’t get to the Dance next year, absolutely we should discuss whether he’s the right coach for Utah basketball.

Really, I see a lot of comparisons between Larry K and Dave Rose down at BYU. I think Larry K has more talent to work with than Rose, but is also in a tougher conference. Still, both coaches under-perform to what they should be able to do at their respective programs. We laugh at BYU’s lot in life and Utah’s isn’t much better. We’re both becoming mainstays in the NIT. Well, yawn to that.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) It’s pretty clear Larry K has taken this team as far as he can