Jim Harding has been OL Coach at Utah for 7 years

Viewing 4 reply threads
      6 1

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

At this point in his tenure he would have a dominant OL. 

He should have established a rotation of experienced SRs playing and leaving and then rotating in JRs that have been in the program for years with some playing experience. 

the idea that this line is starting 3 FR and Moala is a complete disaster on his part. 

It’s been poor recruiting and even worse player development on his part. 

It’s time for a change

4 1

homer
      Ute Fan
      @homer

Either he can’t recruit naturally good pass pro players, can’t teach effective pass pro to players with potential or can’t recruit player with pass pro potential.

Any way you look at it, bottom line is he isn’t doing an effective job.

It might cost Utes a bundle to step up and hire a top tier oblock coordinator. But that person is a critically missing element for Utah to be a top team.

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

OL is the hardest position to play/develop. And pass pro is hhe hardest skill of them all. But yes we should be much better than this by now. 

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

If you talk to his past players, they all love the guy🤷‍♂️

Xanthis
        Ute Fan
        @xanthis

Players loving a coach doesn’t mean much. I love some of my old coaches, but most of them were awful when it came to teaching me how to actually improve.

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Harding is not a P-5 assistant. It is clear now. It’s the same story every year. Going back to when Whitt was yelling at him on the side lines and he replied “f****** fire me”. Players love him, seems like a nice guy, but has hit his peak. He is who he is which is why we see the same results every year.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I would say grading offensive line as the game happens is extremely difficult. Many of the blown assignments were from the tight ends. 
      I look at penalties from the Oline and I just haven’t seen them occurring. Usc and Washington probably have the best Dlines in the conference. 

There was improvement and holes were massive at times. Bentley simply isn’t seeing guys. Biggest defiency in the offense is him. 

Distantute
        Ute Fan
        @distantute

Agree. He had time to throw at times in second half and only checked down to rbs in the flat. Bentley is horrific.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Jim Harding has been OL Coach at Utah for 7 years