Karene Reid is bad

Viewing 2 reply threads
      5 2

Tlsute
      Ute Fan
      @tlsute

Not usually the guy to lay a loss at the feet of a single player but here we go.

Reid is the worst backer we have had since the 2 5-7 seasons.

Out of position on so many plays which lead to him missing tackles in one on ones with charbonnet.

Cannot play coverage in zone at all, Bobo went streaking through the back of the end zone twice(one of which he dropped) because Reid stayed flat footed and got no depth.

The dumbest play of the night and biggest momentum swing was the late hit that should have been a punt in a one score game.

Some on this board are going at Cam and the receivers which did not play their absolute best but were far from the reason this game was lost(yassmin drop second biggest momentum killer), you want a scapegoat for the game look no further than Karene Reid….. p**s poor at best.

RedUte14
      Ute Fan
      @redute14

Two turnovers is a huge reason to blame someone just saying. But yes Karene is poo poo. We have many players in the front seven that are not good and constantly out of position. I’ve been saying it all season. So have many orhers

Tlsute
        Ute Fan
        @tlsute

The turnovers were definitely not great but my feeling is Cam still played very well despite them.

The pick never happens if a TE catches a perfectly thrown ball two plays earlier which is why I would put more emphasis on that drop than on the pick.

We probably should have run TT on that fumble play but Ludwig reverted back to his old self and got cute instead of doing what is working.

Anyway you slice it, the game was rough and we are not as good as the fans had hoped.

1 2

RedUte14
          Ute Fan
          @redute14

Why are you letting cam off the hook? He threw into triple coverage.
          And he fumbled. At least a 17 point swing.

Tlsute
            Ute Fan
            @tlsute

It’s not so much letting cam off the hook, the defense was to blame for this loss not the offense.

Cam could have played better in a few situations but was pretty spectacular for most of the game. Does he have responsibility in the loss…. absolutely, I just feel the defense was a much bigger let down is all.

If I am ranking the reasons for poor performance it looks like this.

1. Defense-in particular LB’s

2. Scalley- stop calling zone coverage we do not have the personnel, mind boggling blitzes at inappropriate times.

3. Ludwig-inside zone on 3rd and six twice…..really, give tavion the ball at the goal line after 4-5 straight runs I could see he was gassed for Christ’s sake.

4. Cam- needs to go through his progressions better and not lock onto his first read.

RedUte14
              Ute Fan
              @redute14

So if I put up 400 yards, but throw 3 ints in the last quarter.
              Did I play a good game, or a bad game?

Tlsute
                Ute Fan
                @tlsute

Not sure what that has to do with anything as that wasn’t close to the numbers cam put up.

To answer the question I would have to also know how many td’s were thrown and rushing yards and yes as well.

It seems you and I disagree on who is more at fault and that’s fine, QB is the position that has the most power to overcome a poor performance in other areas and therefore I can understand the criticism.

I feel still that cams performance was adequate and the defense sucked it big time.

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

The front 6 as a whole are just so quiet. But the entire defense was not good enough. Not really looking for a scapegoat

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Karene Reid is bad