Khalil Tate

Viewing 2 reply threads

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

Starting Freshman for Az- 6’2″ 212lb dual threat QB from Inglewood, CA. High School: Graduated in December 2015 from Junipero Serra High School (Calif.) …. Consensus four-star recruit, including No. 10 dual-threat QB by ESPN … Los Angeles Times QB of the Year … USA Today First-Team Offense Honors … As senior, collected 4,000 total yards & 43 TDs, including 2,000 rushing, 2,000 passing … Cal High Sports Mr. California State Football Finalist… Named Blue-Grey All-American; … Rivals #4 Dual-Threat QB in the nation; … Nominated MaxPreps Player of the Year Finalists.

Tate came in the game in the 3rd quarter vs UCLA and led AZ on 3 scoring drives- 87yrds, 80 yrds, and 76 yrds. Before he came in Arizona had 11 possessions with only 2 being longer than 30 yrds. Not sure what to make of this game. Vegas has Utah -10. Think if I were betting I would put money on Az to cover. Az defense is pretty soft, Utah should be able to put up some points and move the ball, but receivers have got to quit dropping passes.

89ute
      Ute Fan
      @89ute

Tate is a heck of a player. I suspect Arizona is going to run the read option at us all night and they will have some success. When Tate entered the game in the 3rd quarter 9:12 mark, the score was UCLA 24 AZ 7. Under Tate AZ put up 17 points but UCLA pretty much had the game under control at that point.

Tate was 5 of 9 passing for 72 yards, rushed for 79 on 15 attempts. After watching him last week, I’m not going to get sucked into the thinking that he’s going to be a 17 year old deer in the headlights, confused, bumbling freshmen. This guy is a baller.

I’m thinking this is going to be a typical hard fought conference slugfest.

I want to make it known that I feel shame for thinking our game against Cal was going to be a pick and sack fest. I should have known better.

Tate is going to put up some numbers on us, we’ve got a hell of a game on our hands.

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

Reading some Wildcat forums and fans posting Tate looked gassed during the UCLA game.

89ute
        Ute Fan
        @89ute

At one point, I’m sure it was sometime in the 4th quarter, Tate was slow to get up, like he was injured. Rich-Rod walked over to where he was lying on the field and the TV mic picked up what he said, which was “are you just tired” … I thought it was Rich-Rod just being a dick, like he always it to his QB. However, Tate may have actually been tired.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc Khalil Tate