Kyle needs to get the entire officiating crew together before the game

Viewing 3 reply threads

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

and tell them WATCH THE PICK PLAYS. It was infuriating watching them use pick plays on 4 or 5 3rd and shorts to pick it up last year. And maybe the most blatant missed pick play of the year on one of their TDs.

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

I’m pretty sure we got called for a defensive PI on one as well where the offensive player initiated contact

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

You mean put his hand in the CBs face mask and shoved him.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Can someone give me the exact rule on this?

I think in the NFL it is legal to begin blocking once the ball is in the air correct? Is that the same for college?

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

well, screen plays are legal, so im guessing its the same. But you cannot run pick plays. There is a rule specifically for it. Cant screen the other guys man to get him open.

Anonymous
          Inactive

Well I have seen Utah do pick plays.  It is more running your route and rubbing a guy.  Sometimes it is legal and hard to catch.

jamarcus24
        Ute Fan
        @jamarcus24

You can run a rub route directly at a defender to disrupt his coverage but if the receiver engages in a block or initiates contact with the defender before the ball is thrown it’s supposed to be offensive PI.

GadValleyUte
      Ute Fan
      @maximumkungfu

It was infuriating. More importantly the fact we didn’t start to blow it up when we knew it was coming.
      I expect Kyle will do talk to refs in pre-game. I also expect the DBs to know it’s gonna come, and I will be very disappointed in our coaching staff and players if we don’t blow it up regardless of officiating. Take an attempted pick play back for 6 and they’ll stop doing it.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Kyle needs to get the entire officiating crew together before the game