Last year we had 10 sacks at SJSU. More or less this year?

Viewing 4 reply threads

Warrior Ute
      Ute Fan
      @warriorute

Last year I went to the SJSU game.  Our defense lived in the backfield.  I didn’t even realize that we made  that many sacks.  It seemed like we missed more opportunities than we made.  Due to feeling we missed lots of opportunities, I was surprised when I heard the start on the way home. 

So this year we have them at RES.  They will go from 82 ft if elevation to 4657ft.  

With a home field advantage do we improve on last year?  If so by how much?

Anonymous
      Ute Fan
      @anonymous

Fewer than last year.

Puget Ute
        Ute Fan
        @pugetute

Anything over 5 is a fluke, at any level.

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

They seem pretty bad this year. I guess it depends on how motivated this Utah team is. I wouldn’t be suprised to see about 5 sacks.

Sacks are a deceptive stat. Sometimes, like against BYU or UND, you might not get very much even though Utah got a lot of pressure on the QB. Mostly due to the QB getting the ball out quick.

Utah got 10 or 11 sacks against UCLA a few years back and it was mainly due to their QB holding onto the ball way to long.

Warrior Ute
        Ute Fan
        @warriorute

Last year they had a mobile QB who would pull the ball down and attempt to run. This probably lead to the increased number of sacks. IIRC he was eventually knocked out for a couple of series after a hit from Chase. It was on the opposite side of the field from where we were sitting and you could still hear how crushing a hit it was. I don’t know much about their current QB, but overall they don’t look that strong this year.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

I think it was this one. 

Wilson’s Mustache
          Ute Fan
          @sigmaute

I remember that hit because I turned to my gf and said “I think chase killed a guy”

sweetgrass
      Ute Fan
      @sweetgrass

Anonymous
      Ute Fan
      @anonymous

Oh…Texas beat SJSU 56-0. Let’s see how we’ll do.

Warrior Ute
        Ute Fan
        @warriorute

Texas also allowed Maryland to score 51.

Anonymous
          Ute Fan
          @anonymous

That’s the point. If Texas did that, how will we do, especially against the same opponent.

Virginia Ute
            Ute Fan
            @virginiaute

It’ll be like 20-3, knowing us. But I won’t read into it much. 

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Last year we had 10 sacks at SJSU. More or less this year?