Life After Kyle

Viewing 3 reply threads

Anonymous
      Inactive

If this does end up as Kyle’s last year at Utah, who are your preferences?

mine: 

Ryan Day

Brian Harsin 

AgouraUte
      @agouraute

Nick Saban

Mike Leach

Brian Johnson

Gary Anderson

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

Why would it be Whitt’s last year at Utah? Get out of here with that nonsense.

Whoever you bring in will be a step down. It’s the same issue for coaches that it is for players.

1 2

Anonymous
        Inactive

So, Kyle is the bestest?
        Talk about nonsense.
        If you don’t want to answer, don’t.

Duhwayne
          Ute Fan
          @duhwayne

Yes, actually. In terms of staying at Utah, of maximizing our recruiting pipelines, in terms of development and players into the league, and in terms of defense and special teams, absolutely. Offense is a problem. If he could get even someone like Grimes to come and stay five years, we would win some very big games. Norm Chow was perfect if he had stayed. I still like to imagine Shawn Asiata running ahead of Moss with a couple pulling guards.

Hopefully they will get that cleaned up. We don’t like to admit it but we are closer to Corvallis as a destination than LA or The Farm. As BYU has learned, mean reversion is a thing and we’ve outplayed for 15 years. The conference change helps but the University is still in Utah.

1 1

Anonymous
            Inactive

C’mon now. Kyle’s responsible for this fiasco. He keeps building staffs that can’t work. Elevating Brian Johnson. Hiring Taylor as OC instead of QBs coach, while keeping his predecessor on as OL. I’m sure Harding is just totally fine with that (answering to Taylor). Not even having a dedicated QB coach for (how many?) years.
            This dysfunctional dynamic is Kyle, and he’s not learning from his mistakes.

Duhwayne
              Ute Fan
              @duhwayne

Sure. What I know is after he’s gone and Utah settles into the bottom of the conference, you’ll call for the next one to be fired. And the one after that. And the one after that.

Puget Ute
                Ute Fan
                @pugetute

There were plenty of people calling for UTah to hire Kevin Sumlin when he left Houston.  Texas A&M just paid $75M to get rid of him, so we can only guess how the last 5 years would have gone at Utah.

1 1

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

I might be inclined to at least go after Utah State’s offensive staff, unless there is someone better floating out there. I would love to keep the defensive staff.

My ultimate preference is to find a power based offensive scheme and keep our nickel D. It has been and will continue to be good.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Life After Kyle