Local hacks won’t talk about recruiting this year…..

Viewing 3 reply threads

we5utes
      Ute Fan
      @pb2254

Up till a few years ago, for as long as I can remember the hacks have always reveled in football recruiting this time of year.  Things have certainly changed.   Maybe because over the past 2-3 years the recruiting gap between Utah and their beloved BYU is so wide they cannot put enough FaBreeze on BYU to make the stink go away.  If they can’t gush about BYU’s recruiting, they don’t want to talk about recruiting at all.

I’m not a believer in star rankings, top 50 classes, etc. when it comes to football recruiting.  It’s meaningless until we see results on the field. So having to listen to the hacks every year go on and on about how great BYU’s classes have been has never really bothered me.  BYU has claiimed the February National Title forever, and I’m okay with that.  I just find it funny how now, after Utah has been on the PAC for six years and their recruiting has jumped so far ahaead of BYU’s, the hacks no longer want to talk about it.

The only talk they give to recruiting now is how dumb it is to talk about recruiting, something Utah fans have been saying for years.  The next time BYU recruits another ‘#1 recruit in the land’, like Jake Heaps or Ben Olsen, the hacks will be right back to humping BYU’s leg.

UtahFanSir
      Ute Fan
      @utahfansir

I’ve see still a few comprehensive articles on recruits to the Utah schools and on local kids who elect to go elsewhere. Also, I see articles on individual recruits who have either signed or committed to Utah, for example. I don’t follow BYU, so I don’t know about them, and when I read the comprehensive articles about recruits, I skip the parts that mention BYU. But my point is, I do see articles in both local papers on recruits in both FB and BB.

Here is an example…

But you must be talking about something else, something that has changed specifically. What is that?

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

I honestly think a large % of tds fans revel in losing to us because they’re addicted to whining and complaining and playing the persecution card.

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

Which of our targets are announcing today? I think Roberson is at like 5pm but it seems like someone else is also today. I can’t remember who.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Local hacks won’t talk about recruiting this year…..