Majerus in the final minutes

Viewing 3 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I can’t help but thinking back to when Majerus was coaching. When we had a close game, a few points ahead or a few points behind with a minute or two to go, he was the best tactician ever. We KNEW we were going to win, and most of the time we did.

I think coach K needs to up his game in this area. We’ve given up lead after lead and somehow always manage to make it a tossup at the end, like giving up last night’s 10 point lead. It should have never come to the Taylor foul situation, or the Loveridge one.

Anonymous
      Inactive

But then there was the NC game against Kentucky where they lost after a 10 point lead in the second half.

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

kind of an extreme set of circumstances there…

Anonymous
      Inactive

Now you made me think of the 98 tourney loss…..I am even angrier.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

But then there was the NC game against Kentucky where they lost after a 10 point lead in the second half.

We had a 17 point lead at halftime @westslopecutthroat but what happened in that game wasn’t a case of making mistakes. We ran out of gas. Andre Miller was gassed. Kentucky (yes that word is not filtered here) just had too many horses.

Anonymous
        Inactive

Correct….they did run out of gas against Kentucky. Whereas last night they simply fell apart.

Anonymous
          Inactive

Or they started huffing gas.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Majerus in the final minutes