Major Ute Hub App Update Coming

Viewing 4 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I’m about to submit a major update of the Ute Hub app to the app stores. The back end of the app has some big changes and when I implement them here, anyone who is using the current or any older version of the app will have problems. It may take a day or two, to up to a week for the apps to be updated and approve in the stores.  

So starting soon, your app my not work right.  Check for an update in your app store. 

I figured now is a good time since there’s not much going on Ute sports wise.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I would use the app but the scroll feature is super annoying. I have an iPhone 8 up to date on iOS as well. For longer threads it just takes too long to get to replies. 

It would also be nice when you click on latest activity and you tap the newest reply that it goes to that reply. 

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

If you could elaborte as to what makes the scroll feature “annoying” perhaps I might take a look at that. (more…)

This update will be the last I’m programming on a legacy platform, which isn’t “native.” I’ll be converting over to all native in the next version, which may be better for stuff like scrolling, tapping, and using native parts of the device like the GPS or camera etc.  I hope to have that converted by football season, but that’s a major task as it will be a complete rewrite in a language I’m just learning.  

🙂

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

And by the way, that last post (and this one) are posted from the newest version.  THIS IS A TEST!!!

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

When you scroll it should go down a little more than just a few mm. I don’t use any other forum type apps so I don’t have much to measure it up against. But if I want to scroll to the bottom in Chrome I just swipe once and it will quickly go to the bottom of the page. On the App it goes down very little requiring multiple swipes to move at all. It is the only thing preventing me from using the app exclusively. 

Tony (admin)
            Admin/Founder
            @admin

So you must be talking about the scroll momentum, where you can kind of flick it and it has sort of an intertia quality to it.  That will be working in the next major release when I change platforms.  Hopefully that’s by football season.

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

Yes it lacks zero momentum. Even a hold and scroll feature would be nice. 

Tony (admin)
                Admin/Founder
                @admin

I’ll have to check out this issue on a setup like yours.  On mine, a different OS, I can flick my finger on a thread with a lot of replies and it scrolls with momentum.

Utebeam
              Ute Fan
              @utebeam

My iphone iOS doesn’t have momentum. Would love to see it. 

Tony (admin)
                Admin/Founder
                @admin

If this update doesn’t have it for you then hopefully by football season.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

In reference to the time it takes to get replies, I did work a bunch on the replies. There will be a new threaded layout first off.  And I also worked on the back end call to get the replies and hopefully made that much quicker.  BUT that load can be long on a mobile network if there are tons of replies.  Hopefully the new changes make a nice difference there.

sweetgrass
      Ute Fan
      @sweetgrass

I’m a fan of big changes in the back end 

<rim shot>

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

The app is telling me to update, then when I go to update in the app store, there is no update option, just “Open”.

I am using Iphone 6.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

I’m still submitting. Yeah you’ll have to wait a few days. Just watch here or keep an eye on your app store for a notice from them that there’s an update.  

gUrthBrooks
          Ute Fan
          @hammer

I guess I didn’t read through all of your original post. 

Tony (admin)
            Admin/Founder
            @admin

No worries. I’m just finishing off the submission process. Then we will be waiting for approval soon.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I’ll post this in a new thread as well, but the NEW VERSION IS OUT!

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Ute Hub Site Major Ute Hub App Update Coming