dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

masseyratings.com – D-I ranking; Utah page

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

No. 13 Utes Open Pac-12 Play with 85-58 win over Colorado
      SALT LAKE CITY – Junior forward Alissa Pili scored 25 points and sophomore guard Gianna Kneepkens added 17 to propel the 13th-ranked Utah women’s basketball team to an 85-58 win over Colorado in each team’s Pac-12 opener Wednesday at the Jon M. Huntsman Center. The Utes improved to 9-0 while Colorado is now 8-3.

Pili, who scored 28 points in each of her previous two games, was 10-of-14 from the floor on Wednesday, including 2-for-4 from three-point range, and added four rebounds, three blocked shots and two assists. Kneepkens notched her career-best seventh-consecutive double-figure scoring game on 7-of-11 shooting, and added six rebounds while tying her career high with five assists.

Sophomore Jenna Johnson also had a strong game for the Utes with 14 points and a team-high seven rebounds, while providing a physical presence and drawing three charging fouls from the Buffaloes.

Utah shot 57-percent from the field (33-58), which included a 40-percent clip from three-point range (10-15), while holding Colorado to 31-percent (18-58) from the field. It was Utah’s fifth game this season with 10 or more three-pointers.

utahutes.com recap

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

If the season progresses as anticipated, this points to a 2-seed for our Utes.

Chilly
        Ute Fan
        @chilly

While I’d love it, I think that a 2-seed is probably overly optimistic. If we could pull off a #4 seed, we’d get to host the first two rounds at the Huntsman, which would be awesome for our program and our fans. Making everyone play at altitude has been a big advantage for our squad, particularly given our depth.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Women) Massey has Ute WBALL at #8, favoured to win all but 4 remaining scheduled games