Morning after …

Viewing 3 reply threads

MFury
      Ute Fan
      @mfury

Few thoughts

1- Lets get it out of the way – that sucked. I could probably suffer through another 34-31, or miracle touchdown pass, before that again

2- This was still an awesome year. I’m proud of this team and ultra proud to be a Ute.

3- I think the gap to USC and Oregon is more coaching than on the field talent. I’m not on a “fire someone” kick. But both USC and Oregon found a couple weaknesses and exploited them, and it seems like our coaches don’t adjust the game plan when they should be ANTICIPATING those attacks. That was the big difference in my mind. Too much focus on our strength, not enough adjusting to cover our relative weakness. We didn’t get beat across the board, but we were cut DEEP in a small number mismatches.

4- We have some primadonna fans out there. I thought I splurged on some great seats. The view of the game was amazing. The fans around me were silent. F that. Our fanbase has to bring it to the game, you could see the team light up when it got loud, but the middle section was silent the whole game. Except for the OU fans that bought seats in our section. If you aren’t willing to stand up and get loud, even if we aren’t crushing it, give the tickets to someone else, assholes. Till then I’m headed back with the real fans.

Rant over. Love this team and season. Though I should probably stop linking my sense of self worth to outcomes of football games.

ladyinred
      Ute Fan
      @ladyinred

Thanks for posting this. Last night was a gut punch for sure, but I enjoyed the season so much nonetheless. The home games were all such a blast.

Looking forward to one last game, and I hope we get to see most of the seniors play instead of sitting out, but I understand if they do.

LetItRide
      Ute Fan
      @letitride

Agree on the noise factor as I attended. Man I felt we were playing at Auzten stadium.
      Can’t watch college football today. Exhausted my energy last night.
      Great season and hope 2 continue this upward trend.

crazyute
      Ute Fan
      @crazyute

I don’t know what it is but offensive coaches are always so stubborn and slow to switch their gameplans in game. When Oregon is losing the box and playing their safeties close and down hill, play action or first down passes should be more of an option. We saw it in Oregon and Colorado.

I also think we lack a nasty in the offensive line play. Maybe it is our youth?

I think we miss Thompson at WR. We aren’t very dynamic there. I won’t miss simpkins bad hands.

I do believe we are on the right track. I also think more will be added to the offense in year 2. We won’t be so reliant on moss next year, but have a good group of backs to be a threat still.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Morning after …