Moving chat to a page instead of a tab/bubble (DONE)

Viewing 4 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I’m in the process of moving done moving the chat room to the page https://www.utehub.com/chat instead of having it be a tab on each page (computers) or a chat bubble on mobile devices.  The overlaying chat window has been cool on my machine, but too many complaints about layout and stuff. 

It may take a day or two to get it moved.  From the chat page you can break it out into its own window if you want.  It will keep the chat from interfering with the home page, plus it may help the home page load a little faster.

utahpunk
      Ute Fan
      @utahpunk

Do what you gotta do. I was used to having it on the side, but I like the idea of having a dedicated page for it that gives me an option to pop it out in a seperate window.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

You could pop it out before.

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

I think moving it to its own page is a smart move.

crazyute7
      Ute Fan
      @crazyute7

I think that will make a big difference.  Scrolling the website and the chat window didn’t work too well before and the website worked better when I wasn’t logged in, probably because chat was gone.

Love that this is getting changed!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Once again, the chat froze on me. Unable to fix even after a reboot. Not a big deal as the season is over for me.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Ute Hub Site How To Use Ute Hub Moving chat to a page instead of a tab/bubble (DONE)