My byu game comments

Viewing 1 reply thread

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Love the participation this week and the, um, bantering. Here are a few of my thoughts going into tomorrow. I have to post them now as most of the day tomorrow I’ll be tailgating and a little “busy.”

My Keys To The Game

1. Turnovers. Just think about the Vegas Bowl last year. With hardly any offensive production we won, playing the prevent yourself from winning defense for 3.5 quarters. A few TO’s tomorrow and we will be golden. If we hand it to them on the other hand, it will be trouble.

2. KEEP COOL. One thing I haven’t heard anybody mention this week is for us to keep cool and avoid stupid plays, like late hits and unnecessary roughness. One of the things the zoo has been good at is getting under some of our player’s skin and getting them to retaliate. We’ve managed this fairly well the last few years.

3. Offensive line. The O line needs to be together and play much smarter. Kalani will be game planning this one hard, trying to take advantage of what he saw from out O line last week.

4. Coaching. I read someone’s post that said Kalani and KW were cut from the same mold. I disagree. KW MOLDED Kalani. KW is the master. We have superior coaching and experience. I think that’s going to be a huge advantage for us.

5. Depth. I expect that our depth will play a big part of the game. I would love to see us separate as the game wears on, as a result of our supposed superior depth.

On the “Rivalry Game”

This game used to mean so much more to me. For years I wanted byu to lose more than I wanted the Utes to win. I still hate byu and wish they would lose every game, in every sport, including women’s chess watching…

Since we joined the Pac-12 my interest has shifted to disliking the USCs and Arizonas of the world. If the zoo isn’t on our schedule I don’t give a rat turd what they do, who they play, or what their record is.

Even if we lose tomorrow we could still win the Pac-12 South and or championship! How cool is that?

Come see me tomorrow in the north end of row H by the dumpster in the tailgate. I have a frosty beverage for you.

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

If we get 3 + to we win by 28.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football My byu game comments