My internet has been down since Saturday

Viewing 4 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I’ve been quite satisfied with Vivint Internet.  It has been dependable, fast and best of all it isn’t Comcast or Century Dink.  But it started to fail the last few weeks, hourly.  Then this past weekend it died.  A tech came out Monday and got it working, for 15 minutes.  During that 15 minutes I had 100mbps up and down, quite fast.  But it was only 15 minutes.  They said it would take 24-48 hours to fix on Monday.  After calling them today, they are now saying 3-5 business days to get it fixed.  That puts us to next Wednesday and closing in on two weeks with no service.

Needless to say it’s hard to admin this site with no internet.  It’s also hard to do my other work.

I absolutely REFUSE to use Comcast or Century Link, EVER.  Unfortunately I don’t hink I have any options other that what I have now.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Do I need to post another Elf on the Shelf to cheer you up?  Or how about a closeup of the TW II special edition helmet?

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

If I could just hook into your wifi for the next 5 business days that would do the trick…

Anonymous
          Inactive

I live in Fullerton, CA. 

fosternano
            Ute Fan
            @fosternano

same here, it sucks not having any interent choices out here.

Tony (admin)
            Admin/Founder
            @admin

I live in Fullerton, CA. 

Do you have a wifi extender that would reach about 800 miles?

pedro
      Ute Fan
      @pedro

Not sure your history, but I love Comcast.  I know people complain about their customer service, I just have never had that experience.  They have always treated me well and whevever I see that they’re offering a better rate, I call them and they match or beat it without given me sh*^.  They do cost more, but then I never have outages.  I mean ever.  

either way, good luck Tony

SkinyUte
        Ute Fan
        @skinyute

Same here. I’ve had Comcast service for going on 20 years now, and can count the number of issues I’ve had during that time on one hand.

Milton Vanderslice
      Ute Fan
      @miltonvanderslice

I’ll bring you a bucket of bits next time I’m in your area.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Somehow it is working early this morning.  I doubt they fixed whatever the issue is.  Just on the “right channel” at the moment.  This is wireless internet.  Vivint has been very good and much faster than Crapcast for me, historically.  

I stoped using Crapcast because they doubled my bill from $100/mo to $200/mo.  When I complained about the price change they didn’t care.  I told them if they did it I would leave and they said ok bye.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Still working! Just did a speed test.  90 megs up and down while my 4-year-old is streaming HD video and bride of admin is streaming a workout video.  That’s pretty good. 

leftyjace
        Ute Fan
        @leftyjace

Part of the problem is you’re correlating your bad cable TV experience with your internet experience.

I have now pared down Comcast to internet only. It’s consistent, it’s the same price, it will always be the same price, and it’s worth it for me to still use them for Internet only.

I’ve also cut the cord and only watch shows online streaming. I haven’t had cable for most of the year, and it’s been pretty heavenly.

So I guess it depends on what you want to do. If bundling is more important, than go for it that way. But if you want reliable internet that won’t go down much and has great speeds, maybe revisit Comcast for Internet only.

My 2 cents…

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

Yeah I cut the cord about a year ago.  The only TV I do is either over the air or on Roku (Pac-12 network).  And the only tv I watch is Utah football or Utah basketball.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc My internet has been down since Saturday