New Poll: How do you feel about the Utes going to the Big 12?

Viewing 13 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

ICYMI I’ve setup a new poll. Vote now on the website and mobile app!

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

I voted neutral. I’m happy the Utes have a good landing spot, but sad I don’t get to travel only a couple of hours from my home to attend games anymore. Especially in some iconic stadiums like the Coliseum and the Rose Bowl.

1 1

Crow
        Ute Fan
        @crow

I feel like we are back in the mwc outside of the new BCS. It’s the sec and big10 and the rest of college football. Too be back with byu even worse.

Brettski
      Ute Fan
      @brettski

I voted not sure yet.

I’m going to greatly miss the Utes vs. Oregon, USC, UW and WSU. The teams I’m excited to see the Utes play in the BIG 12 are K-State, OK State, TCU & Baylor. Tech, Iowa State and WVU should make for interesting games. BYU, KU, Cincinnati, and UCF are blah games in my mind. There weren’t really any blah games in my mind in the PAC 12.

BBall is another story – I think Utah has to step up big-time to even get to middle of the BIG 12 in basketball.

alexsmith
        Ute Fan
        @alexsmith

What’s nice is the middle gets you into March Madness

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

It’s difficult to answer. I’m ecstatic and relieved that we didn’t get left behind. I still wish the PAC would have remained how it was the last dozen years though.

OldAsDirtUte
      Ute Fan
      @oldasdirtute

Happy.
      I loved the PAC, but it’s history now. Utes landed in the best possible spot, welcomed by the Big-12 (apparently a few fans notwithstanding). Looking forward to new matchups, new rivalries, and not so many late games.

Heard a quote from “The Monty Show”, who said that ‘Mark Harlan is the best A.D. in the country. His only weak point is basketball, which he will get fixed’.
      Just hafta say, GO UTES!

D T
      Ute Fan
      @azute1

Neutral only due to the fact we now share a conference with the zoobs again.

thirtyfour-thirtyone
      Ute Fan
      @thirtyfour-thirtyone

I’m really sad about the demise of the PAC, but happy that we landed somewhere reasonable. I am excited to see how this shakes out.

CityCreekUte
      Ute Fan
      @citycreekute

Miserable.
      Every single PAC road game had some appeal. 2 of the least appealing 2 of the 3 that are going with us.
      I don’t like the culture fit at all. 4 texas teams ugh.
      I’m happy with OSU KSU even ISU.
      Not at all thrilled to go back to being in the same conference as BYU.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

It is what it is. Or it’s happened because it’s happened. Can’t really complain about s**t out of your control.

Utah has at least positioned themselves to be in the third best conference in the country.
      This will never happen but I wish all of the schools out of the P2 would stop scheduling home only trips with the P2. I think it should always be a front loaded trip with a return in the future to that P2 school.

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

I’ve been a longtime fan of the Pac, I used to watch Pac games well into the night along with WAC and MWC games. When i was a really small kid I used to watch the SWC, but can’t really say I’ve been a BigXII fan.

The demise of a conference with the history of the PAC, which includes the Rose Bowl game, and Autzen, the Coliseum, games at the Rose Bowl will be sad.

However, I think it will be fun to see full stadiums. Stanford, Cal, and a few others just don’t pull in the fans. They remind me of summer USFL games. It’s hard to get excited when the stadium is 25% full.

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

I’m relieved we landed on our feet, but I’m sad that we’d been forced to accept my least favorite option.

Obviously “join the BigTen” would be my 1st choice, and “save the Pac-12” would be my second. If Colorado and Arizona hadn’t panicked and jumped the gun, my 3rd choice — “realign with the ACC” — would have still been an option. Landing in the Big 12 came in a distant 4th.

taragon85
      Ute Fan
      @taragon85

won’t miss the refs, won’t miss pac-12 memes, won’t miss USC, excited for whats to come

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

I won’t miss USC necessarily, but I’ll miss beating their arrogant asses.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Good point. I hope to never see P12 refs again. I also hope the B1G hires them and we never see those clowns.

wcrunner
      Ute Fan
      @wcrunner

Grew up in the bay area, worked in Phoenix for many years and finally back to the west coast years ago. Not thrilled about it but this is the 21st century, and it is all about $$$. Will still follow U Of U since I have family in the SLC area, and I am a big KW fan. Utah made the only move possible, nothing wrong with that.

Smack
      Ute Fan
      @smack

For purely selfish reasons, I am happy. I live in the Midwest, so this will bring some Utah games closer to me. On the other hand, I was not glad to see the Pac-12 die. But after USC and UCLA left, it was never going to be the same. Back when they announced their departure, I selfishly thought it would be cool if Utah went to the Big XII.

So I guess this is all my fault. Go UTES!

Viewing 13 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football New Poll: How do you feel about the Utes going to the Big 12?