Non-Conference Schedule

Viewing 3 reply threads

NashvilleUte
      Ute Fan
      @nashvilleute05

Assuming the move to the Big12 is fairly close to official, I actually had a thought this morning that I haven’t seen mentioned through this Big12 saga. If we’re Big12 members, our current future non-conference schedule is a MAJOR issue. Since TDS, Baylor (‘24) and Houston (‘26 & ‘27) will all now be conference games. That leaves us with only one non-conference game on the future schedule for all future years (‘24+) except’28 & ‘29. Sure, with all this movement there will likely be other teams with holes, but no one else probably relied on one team almost every year that will now be a conference game.

Hopefully we can fill several of these holes with past PAC teams. Especially Oregon State, Washington State, Cal and Stanford. I feel badly for these guys… I’ll miss Oregon, Washington and even UCLA, but those will be tougher opponents and will need to be careful with scheduling. I for one will not miss U$C and wouldn’t mind if we never play them again. Especially if we can send them off with an L!

Southern Utah
      BYU – now a conference game
      Baylor – now a conference game

at Wyoming
      at BYU – now a conference game

at Houston – now a conference game
      Arkansas

Wyoming
      Houston – now a conference game
      at BYU – now a conference game

Utah Tech (LOL)
      at Wisconsin

Weber State
      at Arkansas

Utah Tech (LOL)

LSU (!!!)

at LSU (!!!)

Wisconsin

utefansince79
      Ute Fan
      @utefansince79

I suppose we may be able to get some games against former PAC members, both those that wound up in the Big10 as well as the unfortunate leftovers.

IF we wind up in the BIG12 (waiting until it is officially announced) we will now have potential non-conference opponents from western teams not currently in the MWC.

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

We need to keep our foot in California for recruiting. We should do everything we can to schedule games with San Diego State, San Jose State, Fresno State, Cal, and Stanford. I hope we never play USC and UCLA again.

1 1

Xanthis
      Ute Fan
      @xanthis

I love the games against USC. I don’t think they would ever schedule us again, but I would love to see a home and home with them.

NashvilleUte
        Ute Fan
        @nashvilleute05

Nah… not me. As weird as it sounds, I actually prefer zoobs to the spoiled children. The spoiled children are the worst…

ALUF
          Ute Fan
          @dbgii77

Yes and No they both suck

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Non-Conference Schedule