Not as confident as y’all . . .

Viewing 5 reply threads
      2 3

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

I’ve only ever been confident that Utah would beat BYU maybe 3 or 4 times – 2010, 2008, 2004, & 2003.

Here’s 10 reasons why I’m not confident we win today:

1) Huntley’s inexperience – While the coaches think he is better than Williams, I’m worried his lack of experience is going to lead to some costly turnovers.

2) OL inexperience – They started slow against North Dakota and eventually got things going, but it was North Dakota. BYU’s front 7 is much better than North Dakota’s.

3) DB inexperience – Supposedly they are better, but I’m worried their inexperience will lead to giving up a few big plays.

4) Ball Security – As Whit pointed out in the post game, there were too many instances of our guys carrying the ball like a loaf of bread. If we didn’t get that corrected, turnovers.

5) Drive killing penalties – We had way too many penalties last week against an FCS team. Can we clean that up in just one week?

6) Our new offense – We looked good against North Dakota, but how well can we run it against a better opponent on the road in just our second game?

7) Overconfidence – BYU has not looked good these last two weeks and I’m worried our players come in thinking they just have to show up and we will win.

8) BYU is better than they’ve played – I just don’t believe they are as bad as they have shown so far. I expect them to play much better today if for no other reason than this is the biggest game of their season.

9) Homefield advantage – I know we have won down there a lot, but it is still an advantage for them and a disadvantage for us.

10) Element of surprise – BYU’s offense hasn’t been very productive. I’m guessing we are going to see a lot of formations and plays they haven’t shown on film just to see if changing things up can get their offense jumpstarted.

Having said all of that, I thought BYU was going to beat LSU so what the hell do I know?

Go Utes!!! Beat BYU!!!

Ute Bc
      Ute Fan
      @utebc

You had me worried until you said “I thought BYU was going to beat LSU”

We’re going to destroy them. 

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

BYU is not that good. They have 0 offensive weapons. Their DBs cannot cover Carrington. They could barely cover Smith and Wilson and Patrick last year. Their o line is bad at the edges. Takitaki sets a horrible edge. 

Milton Vanderslice
      Ute Fan
      @miltonvanderslice

It’s really hard to respect a team that’s going to give up 15 sacks.

pics
      Ute Fan
      @pics

I’m confident for one major reason. Troy Taylor’s ability to call plays. We have been so limited by Roderick’s play book and his predictability that we haven’t been able to advantage of scoring opportunities. Troy understands the game so much more.

ladyinred
      Ute Fan
      @ladyinred

Having been scorched by the summer of optimism, Mother Earth receives the rain of doubt and skepticism Thunder has brought from the heavens. Thank you for bringing some equilibrium back to the universe.

However, the heat about to be put on magnum in the form of 15 sacks is inescapable.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Not as confident as y’all . . .