Off topic: close OHV rides to SLC? Where do you go, if you’re willing to say.

Viewing 3 reply threads

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

I bought a PJ trailer (7×14) and an ATV. I’m new to OHV ownership. Working on finding another ATV but been borrowing my old man’s other machine, as he doesn’t use it since he picked up a Honda Talon. Anyway, I’ve done the Bountiful Peak trail, The Knolls area, Daniels summit area to current creek, and will be doing the Mill Canyon OHV complex via Wasatch Mountain State Park. Just curious if you know of other OHV trails close to SLC.

Also, I have a 16 year old that is dyslexic and on the spectrum a bit. She is not ready to drive a car, far from it. But I like to get her in an open field on a machine going slow, getting her used to handling a machine in space. Getting her to be able to safely drive a vehicle on the road may be a 5 year outlook, if it can even happen. But I’m committed to slowly working with her over time. So, are there close ares where she can do laps in an open field or parking lot that isn’t used. It would be nice to get her repetitions as much as possible.

Thanks in advance!

DrahtUte
      Ute Fan
      @drahtute

Been a while since I lived in salt lake and I was riding dirt bikes but the Delle area out on I 80 West of Tooele was always fun with lots of space. The five Mile pass area down past cedar valley was also good but a further drive.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Used to ride ATV’s Sand Mountain and Delle years ago. Now I mountain bike so different gig.

UteCoop
      Ute Fan
      @utecoop

We always do Delle. Close and easy for all skill levels.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc Off topic: close OHV rides to SLC? Where do you go, if you’re willing to say.