On Rivalry

Viewing 3 reply threads
      4 1

Anonymous
      Inactive

In terms of “main” rival, I would agree that USC is not at that level with us. However, their current coach thinks we have a nice little thing going and many of their fans agree. There are a few threads, 2 or 3, over on wearesc.com where their regard for our team and program are evident. As long as our two programs are competing for the South every year, as we have since joining the PAC12, we are going to be on each other’s radar.

What can we say fuels the byu rivalry at this point, proximity? Only if you see their fans in church (which I don’t). Nothing fuels it. Even when we miss on guys we’re both recruiting. If we want a guy we’ll get him. Right Mika Tafua, Brit Covey, Sione Lund, Francis Bernard, etc.?

I see our rivals as the other teams in the South, until one or more emerges, over time, to become a heated rivalry. I think we also have a nice little thing going with Stanford and Oregon from the North. Aside from that, we’ve left our former rivals behind. They simply matter no more.

I think we we should try to start something with Miami, you know, that whole “The U” thing. That would make for a nice national profile type of game. I bet they’d go for it too. It’d be way more fun than a bunch of pasty wannabes, that’s for sure.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Tony, I would not have made another thread, but when a post goes for a couple of paragraphs, the submit button disappears. 

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

On the app or web?  What’s your setup?

Anonymous
          Inactive

I use the full site on an iPhone 6.

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

Hit the Expand button before you type a long post is the trick. I like the app but I prefer using Chrome. 

Tony (admin)
              Admin/Founder
              @admin

The new app (coming soon) will hopefully be better with this situation.  

Tony (admin)
            Admin/Founder
            @admin

Thanks Igloo. Thanks to @mrchainsaw donating one, I have an actual iPhone6 I can test that with.

Anonymous
              Inactive

Just call me “Iggy.”

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

I’ve wanted, for some time, a game with Miami call it the Battle of the U and the winner gets the U trophy and moniker. Could be fun.

Anonymous
        Inactive

It’s a good topical idea, and our new AD has a lot of Florida connections. I’m sure that both schools would like to recruit the areas and that both schools would see an additional benefit to their respective national profiles. 

jrj84105
        Ute Fan
        @jrj84105

It’s the ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSRVWXYZ trophy.  Because Miami has no claim to U.

Anonymous
      Inactive

We were “the U” for at least 65 years before Miami’s marketing ploy. I don’t want to give their claim to it any legitimacy by having a contest over it.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.