Oregon State Game Memory

Viewing 2 reply threads

belli1976
      Ute Fan
      @belli1976

Cool experience at the Beavs game this year.

Me and some buddies were standing above the visitor locker room watch players and coaches go in and out for pre-game warm ups. At one point I noticed Whitt talking to this little old lady. I thought that was awesome Whitt to talk to an old Beaver fan.

Well when we decided to go our seats, I saw the little old lady at the top of stairs of the lower level of the new expansion of Reser. Pretty awesome expansion. I decided to have some fun and give her a hard time about “talking trash to our coach”. She loved it. And started praising Whitt a ton. I mean a ton. I complemented the Beavs coach, as I respect what Smith is doing with the program. This ladies friend next to her made the quip, “he must have good jeans”, grinning at the old lady. I immediately asked if she was Smith’s mother. She was. The icing on the cake is that a mission companion of mine played with Smith. She asked his name and she started laughing because a big Samoan that loved joking around. We chatted a bit longer and then went out seats.

That was the highlight of the game for me. Having friendly very light trash talking with Jonathan Smith’s mother.

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

It’s always fun to have those types of away game experiences.

When my daughters were young we went to the game at Louisville. All my daughters could talk about for years after was how much they loved meeting Whittingham. Melissa Whittingham, a Utah cheerleader at the time. She was amazing, took pictures with my daughters, talked with them. Please don’t let Kyle know he isn’t the favorite Whittingham in our house. We got to meet the team after the game in the end zone. Got to talk to BJ’s parents, King Louie, and a few other players. Sadly the last of my kids grew out of the sweatshirt they all signed.

BeaverDreams
      Ute Fan
      @beaverdreams

Thanks for sharing that story!! I’m glad you guys enjoyed the fan experience…..I and most Beaver fans have nothing but respect for your coach and how your program does things. We aspire to that. Please, for ALL of us, beat the Ducks on Saturday!!! I like your chances.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Oregon State Game Memory