Pac-12 position group reviews: South defensive line

Viewing 3 reply threads

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

GREAT SHAPE

Utah: Worry about replacing the trio of linebackers, sure. But don’t worry about the boys up front. An off-and-on, injury-plagued season hampered defensive end Hunter Dimick in 2015, but he should be back healthy. His absence opened the door for UCLA transfer Kylie Fitts to have an outstanding season. Expect both to be starters and potential all-conference candidates. Lowell Lotulelei has matured impressively and Filipo Mokofisi returns as another big body on the interior. Jason Fanaika will be missed, but solid backups like Stevie Tu’ikolovatu and Pita Taumoepenu are ready to rotate in. As of today, on paper, Utah has the top defensive line in the league.

Read more at PAC-12 Blog – ESPN

Anonymous
      Inactive

I expect all of the names listed to be PAC12 first team defensive line. Pita T is going to be hard to keep off the field.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I’m liking how these reviews are playing out. Really our big question marks are QB, Linebackers and receivers and we’ve recruited well at QB and LB.

Ute Bc
        Ute Fan
        @utebc

The question marks are the same as last year….QB, WR’s

Anonymous
          Inactive

Linebacker health was my worry last season. Look what happened to Utah when Norris was out against USC.  I really hope Luafatasaga lives up to the billing because Utah needs to have good linebackers to cover the offensive talent.

USC could keep pretty much do the same game plan as last season and thump Utah again.

Ute Bc
            Ute Fan
            @utebc

If we throw 3 Int’s to the same guy again….

Anonymous
              Inactive

If we throw 3 INTs to the same guy in every game, it will be a long, long season.

Charles Satterfield
      @1bamafan

This is good news.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Pac-12 position group reviews: South defensive line