Pac-12 position group reviews: South offensive line

Viewing 1 reply thread

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

A big reason why I’m not as worried about the QB situation is the strength of the O-line. We could have Tom Brady behind center and it wouldn’t matter if our O-line was bad. This coupled with the defense bringing back a lot of talent gives me a lot of optimism that the Utes will have another solid year in the Pac.

I really don’t expect too much of a drop off this year. Depending on how fall and spring camp goes I would guess another 8-9 win season.

Utah: The Utes return four of five starters, which should help whoever wins the starting quarterback job get acclimated quicker. Sam Tevi and J.J. Dielman occupy the tackles, while Isaac Asiata is at left guard. Salesi Uhatafe and Hiva Lutui split time at right guard, but both are back. Also back is Jackson Barton, who didn’t start but saw a lot of time at left tackle. Redshirt freshman Darrin Paulo and JC transfer Garett Bolles are a couple of guys to watch. Bolles was tabbed by one service as the No. 1 JC recruit and was a first-team NJCAA All-American.

ESPN – Pac-12 Blog

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

Really hoping we see more out of Jackson Barton next season. We could possibly have the best o-line in the nation if he elevates his game (along with Paulo, Bolles)

Wilson’s Mustache
        Ute Fan
        @sigmaute

I’m actually surprised Barton hasn’t taken a starting position already. He had a lot of hype coming in. I expect Bolles to start eventually this year. So much hype and the fact that he chose Utah may hint at what the coaches thoughts are on him.

I can’t wait to see the trio of Williams, Williams, & McCormick run behind that front. (Assuming nobody supplants Joe Williams as starting RB, Troy gets the starting spot, and McCormick isn’t moved to slot)

Zack Moss & Devontae Henry-Cole could break through too and get some snaps, but I don’t expect to see a freshman starting.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Pac-12 position group reviews: South offensive line