Pending Moderation

Viewing 3 reply threads
      2 6

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

@admin, I understand the cautious approach regarding links. I wonder if you might have an approved list of posters for whom the concern of multiple links in a post does not create a pending moderation status?
      Thank you in advance for your consideration.

2 5

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

From the down-vote, I accept that there may be too much of a security concern for this recommendation.

2 5

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

I would then request that there be moderators in place to review such posts and approve those without malicious links.

2 5

dystopiamembrane
          Ute Fan
          @dystopiamembrane

Long-standing, highly active users could be the set of moderators, no?

1 4

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

Please post your thoughts, fellow board members. I am not sure how to interpret the up- and down-votes on this subject.

1 4

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

Some further explanation, when creating informative posts, I will often link to outside subject matter. If the post has 3+ links, the post comes in danger of being flagged for moderator approval. I never hear anything about a post if it falls into this approval queue.

1 4

dystopiamembrane
          Ute Fan
          @dystopiamembrane

I thought it therefore useful to have either an approved list of posters or an active moderator group to provide feedback and assistance to users.

1 3

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

Additionally, moderators could deal with harassment issues on the board.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

When I’m skiing I’m not moderating. 🙂 Too much pow this weekend. There are a copule of moderators who mostly are looking out for spam. 

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

@admin, thank you for your mesaage. What are your thoughts regarding the multiple links concern?

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.