Playing in the WCC has to be so depressing

Viewing 4 reply threads

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

I dont know how BYU fans get excited for any of these games. The conference is truly awful top to bottom. I even watched some of their game against St Marys, and that is not a very good basketball team. These guys were bricking layups constantly. And I mean BRICKING. Not even close. It was a 4 foot shot and it looked like a prayer. Thats the cream of their conference. Seriously unathletic and not particularly skilled.

Game in and game out against sub 250 teams like Pacific and San Diego, in high school gyms. Seriously. Most of these teams play in gyms that have swinging doors to the outside directly underneath the basket.

Not only do they play in this awful conference, THEY ARE LOSING GAMES IN IT. Struggling. Almost like a you are who you play against type of thing. They will never be above WCC quality while they are in the WCC. Man…..I would lose my freaking mind if Utah played in a conference like that. I almost feel bad for them. Then I remember how much they hate us and I dont feel so bad any more.

-end BYU rant

• This topic was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by rbmw263.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Going to BYU is depressing enough.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Shouldn’t this be in the BYU/TDS Forum?

Ever been to Spokane and Gonzaga. I worked in Spokane for 5 months. Outsiders call it SpoCompton.

I looked into going to a Gonzaga Basketball game while I was there. The tickets were ridiculously high, like in the $100+ range. They’re the only game in town and the gym is small. Plus they gave us Adam Morrison.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

It is now.

Shouldn’t this be in the BYU/TDS Forum?

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

Thanks. Thats my bad.

89ute
      Ute Fan
      @89ute

Can you imagine a P5 school playing a home and home in perpetuity with a WCC team?

GadValleyUte
        Ute Fan
        @maximumkungfu

Doesn’t WSU do that with Gonzaga?

89ute
          Ute Fan
          @89ute

I wasn’t aware of that series, so I searched it, looks like it may have ended.

Gonzaga vs. Washington State: Zags and Cougs close chapter on rivalry for time being

I didn’t do any more digging to see if there is something happening in the future. It looks like the same old story as most other long-standing series that come to an end. One side just does not get any benefit from it. Oddly, it’s the “little guy” telling the “big guy” to go pound sand. But let’s face it, Gonzaga isn’t exactly a little guy.

Wilson’s Mustache
          Ute Fan
          @sigmaute

Lets be honest, that series benefited WSU more than Gonzaga. That was Gonzaga doing WSU a favor.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums They So Poo Poo Playing in the WCC has to be so depressing