Predict the Score – Multiple games per competition or one?

Viewing 1 reply thread

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Well ok this is a strange point to get to on the Predict the Score contest I’m building.  In Pick Em we pick all the pac-12 games, or a bunch of bowl games every “week.”  On Predict, I changed “week” to “round” since a round might be a different period of time.  There can be several rounds per season, and several games per round.  But now that I’m getting close to calculating scores and showing picks and all this, I’m wondering if we should only do ONE game at a time, or if we should allow it to do multiple.   I may just do season > game instead of season > rounds > games. 

It’s kind of hard to explain.  But say this week we have the Utes playing tonight and saturday.  I can put both those games in one “round” but both games would have to be picked by today.  If I wanted them to be separate, I would have to create a round for each one.  

Not sure if this makes sense.  Now I’m confusing myself.

The main question is do we want to do multiple predict games at a time, in a “round” or just do one game at a time and have per game and seasonal results?  

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

At this point I’m leaning toward keeping the middle tier “rounds” because it would take a ton of work to undo it LOL.  And we could do a “weekly” or round per week, but have to pick the scores obviously by the beginning of the first game.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Ute Hub Site Comments and Suggestions Predict the Score – Multiple games per competition or one?