Question about a loan agreement

Viewing 4 reply threads

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

I’m lending some money to my wife’s company and I typed up the loan agreement myself. I’m not charging the borrower interest, but I am charging them a Lender’s Fee and also monthly Late Fees, if the borrower defaults.

Does anyone know if there are rules or laws preventing me from enforcing the terms of the agreement?

PorterRockwell
      Ute Fan
      @porterrockwell

If you are in Utah and want some free legal advice the Utah State Bar has tuesday night bar, you get thirty minutes free with an attorney to discuss whatever.  You do have to call and make an appt.  I believe the Utah.gov website may have some links to those kind of forms that you can use as well?  That’s where I got my rental business forms I think

Larry B
        Ute Fan
        @larryb

Awesome, thanks.

PorterRockwell
      Ute Fan
      @porterrockwell

You are welcome. You need to look out for your interests here and make sure you aren’t unknowingly forfeiting any rights etc. You may want to check out Utahcourts.gov I think they still have their self help page up.

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

Going on the record and saying that I don’t think you should do it.

PorterRockwell
      Ute Fan
      @porterrockwell

that he shouldn’t lend the money? I wouldn’t but it’s not my place to tell him that. At the very least I would consult with an attorney at the free tuesday night bar to make sure my interests are protected.
      I never do business with family or friends.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc Question about a loan agreement