Random thoughts

Viewing 3 reply threads
      3 1

ladyinred
      Ute Fan
      @ladyinred

– someone mentioned that the stadium seemed empty and remarked on the early start time. Remember this was UEA weekend. Lots of people out of town. 

– this team has a lot of talent. It is sad to see them play so well last weekend and then look like total s**t, at home, yesterday. I am down on the coaches for that. Yes I realize they lost by 1 pt last weekend but they looked a lot better. 

– speaking of being down on the coaches, I am still not sure what they were thinking starting a not 100% Huntley. TW is more than capable of leading the team in a game like yesterday’s. Huntley should’ve been held out until at least UCLA imo.

Sad weekend, but still looking forward to another (early!) game next Saturday! 

ladyinred
      Ute Fan
      @ladyinred

Oh, and one more I forgot. Am I the only one who is not made to feel better by the fact that BYU is imploding? This Utah team is a good one, rebuilding year or not, and I expected more. I could not care less what is happening down south.

2 1

BCSx2
        Ute Fan
        @bcsx2

Why do you assume he wasn’t 100%?  Because he played poorly?  Don’t you think if he was still injured they would have pulled him once the game was out of hand. I just think he was rusty and was playing better competition. 

ladyinred
          Ute Fan
          @ladyinred

“He’s still not 100%”. – Kyle Whittingham 10/21 post game interview

Utahute72
            Ute Fan
            @utahute72

“He’s still not 100%”. – Kyle Whittingham 10/21 post game interview

A further indictment that they didn’t put Wiliams in at some point. If Huntley is not performing because he’s injured, how about trying someone who isn’t hurt.

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

I can’t decide which is worst. Making him play in the first place or keeping him in to play and then trying not to break his psyche later with these comments.

RiseasUtes
      Ute Fan
      @riseasutes

Stadium was packed(very few patches of empty seats).  People started leaving quite early(not that I blame them).  So by 4th quarter there were a good 10-15k empty seats.  It was a pretty pathetic performance from just about everyone.

1 1

ladyinred
        Ute Fan
        @ladyinred

We were in W15 so it was shaded the whole time and freezing cold. We actually stayed until the pick 6 in the 4th, just hoping to see any signs of life.

My cousins were over in E31 where someone projectile vomited, so I don’t blame them for leaving early. And really I don’t blame the guy who lost his lunch. It was a nauseating game.

RiseasUtes
          Ute Fan
          @riseasutes

Lol, Yeah I was in 32 so we had plenty of sun.  We stayed until the pick 6 also.  I was hoping after Kavikas INT that we would get a spark and start trying a little bit and then that ended 1-2 plays later.  Only positive was that it was the easiest its ever been to get out of SLC because the fans didnt all leave at once.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

The stadium was not empty. The whole top of the east stands was lined with standing room only spectators. 

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Random thoughts