recruiting news

Viewing 5 reply threads
      4 1

Cesar Chavez
      Ute Fan
      @le-cockgrande

Bryson Barnes could be the next Alex Smith, He chose to walk on at Utah instead of a full ride at SUU. Why he didn’t have more offers is beyond me. Just take a look at these stats:Career

• Touchdown passes, state record (137)
      • Passing yards, second (11,525)
      • Total offense, third (13,488)
      • Passing attempts, third (1,166)
      • Completions, fourth (673)
      • Touchdowns-responsible-for, second (186).
      •  
      2 5

User Suspended
      @a2ute

It’s like buying a lottery ticket!  You never know

EastCoastUte
      Ute Fan
      @eastcoastute

it was because he came from a A1 high school. so the pond/puddle is small and not much competition…imagine being the top QB player from a small town like Panguitch in southern utah…and competing against other small towns, like enterprise, utah. haha

Cesar Chavez
        Ute Fan
        @le-cockgrande

So basecally what you are saying is like me playing flag football against a bunch of 6th graders?

1 6

EastCoastUte
          Ute Fan
          @eastcoastute

not to be racist or anything but i imagine it more like the best white kid in PE dodgeball in highschool from Vernal or Kanab and dropping him into a highschool in Compton, CA and let him compete. lol i’d pay to watch that go down.

but hey, if he does well, mad respect him.

BulgieUte
            Ute Fan
            @bulgieute

It’s interesting to hear stereo types you’ve never heard before. I never knew it was to be believed kids from Compton are superior at dodge ball. That’s about as random as the time my neighbor told me Mexicans can’t drive a stick shift. What????

EastCoastUte
              Ute Fan
              @eastcoastute

no, what I was trying to get at is Compton has a higher percentage of rich racial diversity such as African Americans, Pacific Islanders:Tongans & Samoans, etc, which are known to have stronger genetic characteristics for attributes such as sports than your average European decent American. That being said,i ment no harm with my post above, all I was saying is that I’d like to see him compete against an area that would have more competition.

one example is Matt Van Komen from our Utah Basketball Team. guy is super tall, 7’4 and did amazing things in highschool basketball against other basketball teams in UTAH, but when there was an exhibition game in Vegas where him and a bunch of other utah locals played top highschool vegas players. Komen got DUNKED on by guys 6’9ish. He really got a reality check there.

my post wasn’t ment to be an attack. but also, ive never heard anything about Mexicans not being able to drive stick shift?

UtahFanSir
      Ute Fan
      @utahfansir

That’s so cool. From 1975 to 1980, while in my senior year at Utah and during my MS program in geophysics, I spent a lot of time in Milford. In 1975 and 1976 I spent my entire summers down there and in the surrounding region, but I would stay in Milford most nights. I kinda grew to like the place, train depot town, lots of former mining around there. Great obsidian flow and opal geothermal deposits (Roosevelt geothermal resource area, developed by Phillips).

Anyway, I will keep an eye out for Bryson. Thanks for posting.

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

Whitt doesn’t recruit local QB’s though… 

Cesar Chavez
      Ute Fan
      @le-cockgrande

I’m still excited about the potential this kid has, A.Ludwig has a reputation for coaching up inferior ranking QB’s. Even in flag football it’s not easy passing for 11,500 yards, so the kid has some skills. He apparently did well enough to catch Mike leach’s eye as a preferred walk on as well.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football recruiting news