Remaining schools…

Viewing 2 reply threads

J Rocksville
      Ute Fan
      @jrocksville

So what’s the betting odds here? Stanford goes independent and the other three jump into the mountain West? Maybe apple jumps in and talks Stanford into joining them and apple kicks in some money and incentives that allow those bigger programs to generate enough subscription revenue to stay in the ball park financially? That gets apple into the college sports game without having to lay out as much cash…

You’d think at the very least Stanford and Cal would get back in the door in 5 years. Who knows with wsu and osu.

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

Idk but Cal is screwed financially.

Also, I haven’t seen a single cal or Stanford fan among the very active social media discourse surrounding this realignment. I don’t even think their players’ parents are fans.

J Rocksville
      Ute Fan
      @jrocksville

Thinking out loud, Stanford could easily put together an independent schedule, but I wonder if cal could even pull it off with the four corner schools all having a desire to stay relevant in California for recruiting.

Apple jumps on those brands and gets some football content and maybe they can get enough subscribers to get themselves in the 15-20 million range?

NashvilleUte
        Ute Fan
        @nashvilleute05

I doubt Cal and Stanford would ever lower themselves to joining the MWC. I’d guess they both take their football teams independent and put the rest of their sports in the West Coast Conference (sound familiar?). I’d bet we’ll still see them frequently as, like has been mentioned, there will still be considerable interest from the four corners schools to keep a presence in California. I imagine that U$C will still schedule them and I’m sure UCLA will be forced to no matter what along with giving Cal their allowance money. We’ll see if Washington and Oregon care enough.

I don’t think Oregon State and Washington State have any other option than to head to the MWC. I do hope we keep them on our schedule somewhat regularly. I feel badly for these guys, they were always top notch teams to compete with. They’re getting hosed…

NashvilleUte
          Ute Fan
          @nashvilleute05

Regarding Cal and Stanford, we know how much our administration loves these guys. I actually wouldn’t be surprised if they replace BYU on our non-conference schedule and we have one of them scheduled every single year.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Pac-12 Remaining schools…