Rice Eccles Concourse

Viewing 5 reply threads

Groin
      Ute Fan
      @shaw

Looong time season holder. I love the expansion and the sellouts, but with that growth nothing has been done about the Wac level concourse. You need to pee? You better hold it and wait till halfway through the quarter. They added a few more restrooms for men, but the women’s is beyond ridiculous. You want a snack, drink, or food? Better get there early or sacrifice a quarter or more of football. You want to exit out through the top of the north endzone? Better plan of being crammed into a 15 foot corridor with all your rowdy friends and waiting for a half an hour or more.
      The south endzone expansion is great, and was needed, but when will we do something about the concourse? Let’s face it, it sucks! Rant over.

Milton Vanderslice
      Ute Fan
      @miltonvanderslice

The restroom situation is pretty nice in the South Endzone. Don’t tell anyone though.

…and you are absolutely correct that the restroom situation was poorly planned in the N/W/E sections.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Getting out of the game in the southwest corner of the concourse took me probably 20 minutes.

fosternano
      Ute Fan
      @fosternano

Being a Ute fan in arizona, it’s easy getting out of those stadiums since they are only ever 1/4 full on a good day 😆

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

We were having this exact conversation Thursday night as we waiting 30 minutes to catch a train back to downtown.

Joking I said it was nice back in the 80s when 20k went to games you could be home in 20 minutes

The west concourse is half the size it should be. I assume the east side is just as bad and there should be twice as many bathrooms. We avoid the north stadium area like the plague.

Like you said if you need to pee or want a drink plan on missing at least 1 qtr of the game.

It’s awesome having 50k fans show up but the RES infrastructure i.e. the common areas are way to small for that many people

I’m not a architect or structural engineer so I don’t know what they can do to fix it.

Groin
      Ute Fan
      @shaw

The snaking of the lines to get concessions is a good idea but there’s just too many people under there to be effective. The area under the north endzone to pass through is way to small to allow east access through. That part of the game day experience is a joke. Anybody over 60 or with a disability that impairs walking and standing is screwed.
      But that south endzone os sure sweet right?

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Rice Eccles Concourse