Rick Pitino

Viewing 2 reply threads
      5 5

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

For the record, my 1st choice would be Alex Jensen for all the reasons everyone has already mentioned on here. He’d be the perfect fit IMO and I have no doubt he’d lead us back to great seasons and consistent NCAA tournament appearances. But if Alex is only interested in pursuing an NBA head coaching gig then I wonder if we take a chance on an up and comer with promising potential or try to lure away a proven commodity.

So here’s an honest question…If you’re Harlan, would you risk controversy by taking a chance at going after Rick Pitino? I would think he’d leave Iona (coaching in the MAAC) for Utah if given the opportunity. He’d be an Urban Meyer like hire. Pitino wins everywhere he goes and could immediately put Utah back on the map. Thoughts?

ABQUTE
      @abqute

Pretty sure Pitino just signed with UNM today.

ewdwkw
        Ute Fan
        @ewdwkw

UNM hired Richard Pitino.

Ute Dub
        Ute Fan
        @chestercopperpot

You are thinking of Richard Pitino who was fired by Minnesota, recently. Rick Pitino, the father coaches at Iona. 

4 2

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

Iona is paying Rick Pitino $1.1mm per season, so yeah, it could fit our budget. I only have one question. Does he immediatley get Utah into the NCAA tournament? He’s taken 5 teams to the tournament. If the answer is yes. I’m in. 

4 2

MDUte
        Ute Fan
        @mdute

No question, Pitino puts us back in the tourney each and every year he’s coaching.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.