Rose Bowl observations

Viewing 0 reply threads

Walkman
      Ute Fan
      @btw6btw6

What an experience – 

The flyover was so neat.  The moment of loudness really allowed you to get a sense of how full the stadium was of Ute faithful.  That was spectacular.  I loved the Steve Smith interview – he is a classic.

My game thoughts –

Like so many others – I was really suprised we couldn’t pressure the QB at all.  That was a huge shock to me and had a ton to do with how many passing yards were generated.

I am by no means a football expert but it looked like we were playing alot of sets with only one deep saftey – this seemed odd to me when we kept getting beat over the top.

I was suprised how many of the long passing plays began in the middle of the field as simple crossing routes.  Missed tackles and being out of position really turned what should have been moderate gains into massive plays

The 2nd quarter was like no other I have ever seen – EVER 

I was suprised we didn’t have a more powerful running attack – take away Rising’s big running play and the run game was really quiet IMHO

I thought we should have used the Fotheringham dump route in the middle more often – it’s really always open

I was shocked to see Barnes in the game – I wonder what JQJ was thinking and if he is short for the program – if he wants to be a QB he likely has to hit the portal.  It also made me wonder about what could have been with Costelli if he had the patience to finish the year.  

I was a super proud of Barnes and it was basically a Lisk 2.0 moment.

Loved the game, loved the season – felt like the only reason we really lost is we scored too fast – hard to slow the clock thou with your back up 

Thanks for an epic year – can’t wait for next season

Viewing 0 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Rose Bowl observations