ruh-roh … Bad Buff CU coach MacIntyre allegedly swept something under the rug

Viewing 3 reply threads

sweetgrass
      Ute Fan
      @sweetgrass

Mike MacIntyre enjoyed a dream of a breakthrough season that ended in a 3-year, $16.25 million contract extension.

Events that occurred between the end of the season and the announcement of that extension have now put the deal in jeopardy.

While awaiting a flight home from the Home Depot college football awards show in early December, MacIntyre received a call from Joe Tumpkin’s longtime girlfriend, where the woman confessed years of physical abuse at the hands of the CU assistant. As detailed in a Sports Illustrated story, the woman made MacIntyre aware of the abuse, and the coach pledged to do something about it. She recalled around 80 incidents of violence over a 2-year period.

MacIntyre spoke with CU athletics director Rick George and, as time progressed, the woman never heard from MacIntyre again — only the Buffaloes’ lawyer …

http://footballscoop.com/news/mike-macintyre-contract-extension-delayed-promotion-domestic-abuser/

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Oh man. 

RedLine
      Ute Fan
      @redline

I’m unsure of where this is headed but clearly by not renewing his contact this has levels to it that haven’t been released.

PorterRockwell
      Ute Fan
      @porterrockwell

One would think that  after Penn St that coaches and schools would err on the side of caution and temporarily reassign the alleged offender to other duties or suspend them with pay pending an investigation.

If this happened 80 times over two years this guy is a serial abuser.  I used to have a colleague that would come to me and ask me to run NCIC checks on the guys she was dating that she met using online dating sites. 

I used to tell her if you asking me to run background checks that’s your intuition telling you this guy is no good and to run the hell away.

She dated one guy that had a rap sheet 32 pages long.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football ruh-roh … Bad Buff CU coach MacIntyre allegedly swept something under the rug