Running QBs

Viewing 3 reply threads

PC Ute Fan
      Ute Fan
      @pcutefan

I understand that a running QB is an important part of our offense, but I cringe every time I see Travis run. I would like to see him slide and run out of bounds more often. There is no reason for him to take the kind of hits he has taken! The reward is not worth the risk. I believe Travis is the key to our success this year, and it will be ugly if he cannot stay healthy. From my seat/couch, Kendall Thompson is nowhere as effective as Travis.

Hockeybeard
      Ute Fan
      @hockeybeard

Re-watching the USU game this week, I could not help but think that he could have run out of bounds around the 15 yd line and prevented the shoulder injury (he only got 3 more yards by taking the tackle like that).

Part of it is the reactive mentality that you have during the play (can’t really stop to think, its more ingrained in you vs. taught).

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Hey PC Ute Fan looks like you’re fairly new. Then again when the site is 5 days old everyone is fairly new. Anyway, welcome.

It seems he does NOT know how to slide. John Elway had a similar problem. He’s a big threat which the D has to account for, but our offensive style is rough on the QB position.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Just as an example I was watching the Seahawks and Packers. There was a lot of comparison done between the two QB’s of Rodgers and Wilson. Both of them get it done at key moments with their legs. I like that factor in the offense when it is used correctly. Compared to say RG3 or a Vick. Who get hurt when they start to scramble. Wilson has played really well and smart with the run so far this season. I don’t think any of us want to see this again:
      Wilson hit

He was injured against Utah St this season in a Football play manner though. Guy that big is going to get his legs taken out by a DB.

Comparing it to KT? Thompson runs with the ball out and away from his body so turnovers is what I think first thing.

Also he is just as fragile as Wilson so his running plays need to be spread out and planned correctly.

PC Ute Fan
        Ute Fan
        @pcutefan

Russell Wilson is so smart when it comes to running the ball and protecting himself. There is nothing more demoralizing to a defense as a smart running QB who can take the easy yards and not take the punishment.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.