Schools Asking to Join the Pac

Viewing 4 reply threads

WasatchRanger
      Ute Fan
      @luke8675

Sounds like a good chunk of the MWC and some additional schools have requested to join the PAC.

If the current 9 teams stay together and the PAC adds SMU, SDSU, and (insert other G5 team with a decent market), I think that conference would be decent.

Tweet from Jim Williams

3 3

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

Competitively decent? Sure. TV deal decent? Maybe get a deal in the 20s. And that’s IF nobody else leaves (Arizona has essentially said they’re gone if the Pac-12 media deal is less than the Big12’s).

Gilly Boy 94
      Ute Fan
      @scottgilberg

Why is UNLV never mentioned?  Geographically they’d be a great add.  Vegas is a decent sized market with huge potential.  I’m not in love with the idea of SMU.  SDSU and UNLV seem to make the most sense.  that puts the conf at 11 teams.  then maybe SMU becomes the 12th??

thoughts?

homer
        Ute Fan
        @homer

SMU is RICH. Guve them a decent conference and watch out.

I like UNLV, but they have little actual fan support, much less that Co.

Population is tra splints from all over. Traditional residents were for U$C

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

UNLV has simply never had good football support (before the move to Reliant stadium, they used to use a picture from when Wisconsin paid a visit and brought 15,000 red-wearing fans for the press guide as it was the only time the place had ever been filled entirely in red).  And now the Rebels have the Raiders to compete with for fans (but have a great venue of course).

2 10

Anfernee
      Ute Fan
      @anfernee

I’m hearing Stevens Henagar, University of Phoenix, Utah College of Dental Hygiene, Western Governors University and of course ITT Tech. 

2 6

uteinzoobcounty
        Ute Fan
        @uteinzoobcounty

Granite high also throwing in their hat

3 2

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I have always felt the P12 is dead once the SoCal teams left. I think now Utah to the big 12 is going to give the best revenue for the short term. Clearly UW and UO have a golden parachute.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Pac-12 Schools Asking to Join the Pac