See fans around the country discuss

Viewing 3 reply threads

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

[Bohls] Prominent Big 12 source tells the American-Statesman the Texas-OU move to the SEC is almost done.
      byu/Sctvman inCFB

Without UT and OU, the rest of Big Xii could merge with AAC. Their annual payouts would fall to a fraction of before. Some would have to cut their coaching pay. 

If the team doesn’t boost TV ratings to expand the size per slice in the pie, the team should not join PAC. BYU and Baylor are religious schools and the profile isn’t that broad so the fit is wrong. Even worse, BYU keeps trying to give away the product for free on BYUTv. I could see TCU and Tech, but the profile isn’t that much better. 

If they decide to add, I would look at TCU, Houston, Kansas, OK State or maybe try to pick off Nebraska. That is the Dallas and Houston markets, Kansas is a top earner, and OSU has pretty good backing. That would expand PACs TV footprint to SEC country and B1G to the north. 

mfaulk80
      Ute Fan
      @mfaulk80

From a cultural and academic standpoint, SMU is probably the better fit in the North Texas area…

Duhwayne
        Ute Fan
        @duhwayne

That’s a challenge isn’t it. SMU, TCU, Baylor, they’re all religious schools. Baylor at least has a strong medical school but not sure how the others contribute to the conference brand. They benefit more than PAC does I think.

mfaulk80
          Ute Fan
          @mfaulk80

Baylor Medical is a separate entity, and SMU doesn’t have a religious affiliation anymore (outside of the name). 

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

See also

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Pac-12 See fans around the country discuss