Since apparently my expertise is needed, I'll share the Pac12 rankings

Viewing 3 reply threads

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

I have no freaking idea!!!! Is the conference up this year? Cal, Stanford Utah! Or down? Oregon, Oregon St., Washington.

I think the following is true:
      Colorado is up from last year, not enough.
      ASU is down from last year.
      Arizona is down from last year… way down.
      UCLA is about the same.
      USC is about the same.
      Utah is up.

The North, they’re up, even though Oregon is struggling they’re good enough. Anybody else rooting for North teams to help us out?
      Stanford is up.
      Cal is up.
      Oregon is down, how much? I would have said way down when I went to bed at halftime of their game last night, they finished well.
      Oregon St. is down a bit?
      Washington St. about the same, they can win any game or lose any game.
      Washington is down.

If I had to pick the top 6 teams in the Pac:

1. Stanford -NW is looking pretty good. The only test until the last two conference games is UCLA next week. I’d love to be sitting in the clubhouse at 3-0 in conference! (3-0 Pac12)
      2. Utah – Our win over Michigan is looking better than the win over Oregon. CAL is a huge game. (1-0 Pac12)
      3. Cal – they’re 5-0, a win over us and you can strike up the band (Pun intended) (2-0 Pac12)
      4. UCLA – How good or bad are they? They have 4 ranked teams left ^^^ and that one right below them. (1-1 Pac12)
      5. USC – How good can they be? USC and UCLA need to win in the south except us and lose to the North. (1-1 Pac12)
      6a. ASU – Lost ugly to USC but beat UCLA (1-1 Pac12)
      6b. Oregon – If they turn this around they could be pretty good. (1-1 Pac12)

So basically after last night I’m confused, and even though we haven’t lost a game in conference, we only have one win with 8 more games to go. But I like our schedule, I think it is favorable.

Stanford? Are they lucky to miss us? Or are we lucky to miss them?

• This topic was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by UTE98.

MussMan
      Ute Fan
      @mussman

I’d put us ahead of Stanford based on our win over Michigan vs. their loss to NW. Those teams look comparable to me.

UTE98
        Ute Fan
        @ute98

The main reason I put Stanford ahead of us is they are 3-0 in conference. Yes we are undefeated, but we’re a half game ahead of the second place South team. If we are sitting at 3-0 or 4-0 in conference then yes, I think it’s easy to say at that point we’re the best team in the Pac12. Yes, we’re ranked high, but I seem to remember Utah took down a single digit ranked Stanford team, weren’t they #5? a couple years ago.

If we were #5 and in the MWC this early in the year I think we’d be the first MidMajor to make the playoffs. But we’re in a big boy conference and have 8 more conference games. Don’t think I’m a debbie downer I’m not, I’m just tempering my expectations. And I’ve secured 6 tickets for next weekend. I’ll be there!!!!!!!!

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

This Pac-12 season is crazy already. Take a mental note of the conference standings now and compare them in say 4 weeks.

UteStuckInSeattle
      Ute Fan
      @utestuckinseattle

I think we’ll be seeing Stanford in the P12 championship, so we’ll get our answer on how we stack up to the ‘Furd in just a few months.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Since apparently my expertise is needed, I'll share the Pac12 rankings