So I missed the first quarter of the UCLA game

Viewing 4 reply threads

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Big mistake rewatching that hot mess. I mean four timeouts between both teams. I didn’t really judge this game by its totality. UCLA never showed up I am not confident about Wazzu at all. 

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

Fortunately Fox Sports didn’t cut in here until midway through the first quarter so I got to miss most of the mess when I rewatched it.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Interesting I wonder how many people have judged this game the same way on here. It was bad and the illegal man downfield penalty was constant the whole game. I haven’t watched film because FS broadcast is so bad but I am guessing it happened more times without a flag being thrown. Passing game is bad my guess it is something Harding is coaching not meshing with Taylor. 

Too many Chiefs I feel like is the problem. Happens a lot in type A personalities but it seems like there is a disconnect in the “troops” so to speak. 

pedro
          Ute Fan
          @pedro

If it makes you feel better, the illegal man down field calls (at least the first two of three that I saw) were bogus.  Clearly borderline at best.  The thirs was just Barton being stupid.  

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

They were good calls IMO I put them back a little to see again. FS1 is such a poor broadcast though so I could be totally wrong. 

dwainegf
      Ute Fan
      @dwainegf

Very disappointing start for sure. I am glad UCLA fumbled that punt. That seemed to wake up the Utes.

2 1

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

If we have a 1st quarter like that this week I doubt we will be able to overcome it.

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

Watched most of the “60 minute” version last night.   In addition to the UCLA fumble of a punt (which gave us the short field to set up our first TD), Boobie fumbled at the end of a punt return which fortunately bounced right back to a teammate (which otherwise could have been a big momentum swing back to the Bruins).

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

On non-screen plays you can only go a yard downfield, so under the rules probably a violation. I just don’t think most officiating crews call it that close.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Maybe they were calling it close. The amount of times it happened makes me think this crew was trying to say something to Utah. 

I still don’t agree with the targeting call on Hansen. That wasn’t even close live and Mikes break down of both was way off base. 

bopahull
        Ute Fan
        @bopahull

The rules allow 3 yards, dumb useless rule anyway.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football So I missed the first quarter of the UCLA game