So what do we know about Worshington?

Viewing 1 reply thread

89ute
      Ute Fan
      @89ute

I know they are 5-1 and if we can hand them their second loss we’ll still be in the conference race. We lose we’re going to be kicking and scraping to get into the tournament.

I don’t know what to think of this team. We were on fire against WSU. Did we turn finally turn the corner in conference play or is WSU a crappy team?

Anonymous
      Inactive

WSU is last in the PAC 12. They’re simply a crap team, though they did beat UCLA. Which goes to show that you need to show up with your A game for every team in this Conference.

UW has losses at home to Gonzaga, UC Santa Barbara, Oakland and Texas. They lost 99-67 at Arizona. They’ve played Texas twice with one win and a loss. They had close wins at home against UCLA (3 points) and USC (2 points). At WSU they won by 4 points. Looks like they average nearly 90 points a game, but really haven’t played against a tough defense.

89ute
        Ute Fan
        @89ute

When looking over conference only stats, they are #2 in scoring offense @88.8 and we are #12 @65.3.

Scoring defense we are #1 @66.0 and they are #12 @90.0.

So, they score a lot and give up a lot, we score a little and give up little. I don’t know what this tells us but I’m intrigued.

They sure give up a lot of points. Their conference games, well heck, all their games look like NBA scores.

W – WA 96 UCLA 93
        W – WA 87 USC 85
        W – WA 99 WSU 95 away
        L – WA 67 AZ 99 away
        W – WA 89 ASU 85 away
        W – WA 95 CU 83

I’m going with defense wins. I have no idea how we match up but if we score 80-90 points, I just can’t see us losing. I’ll be the first to admit I don’t know what the hell i’m talking about, but I like to gather info.

rbmw263
          Ute Fan
          @rbmw263

you cant look at raw stats like that, with college teams especially. UW is 4th in the country in pace, Utah is 244. Out of 351 teams, their offensive efficiency ranks 105th, and their defensive efficiency 92nd. Utah comes in at 66th offensively and 66th defensively.

UW has been good at home lately. Undefeated in conference beating USC, UCLA, and CU.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) So what do we know about Worshington?